Feelin' It Too.....

iVillage Member
Feelin' It Too.....
Wed, 09-08-2010 - 11:37am

Hi Ladies,

I have been around the boards for about 4 years, but I rarely post - it's hard for me to share, but I take alot of comfort from reading all your posts & knowing that even though I feel alone, I am not!

Lisa

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-08-2010 - 12:00pm

Lisa I am sorry you have to be here with us but I hope you can find the support here you cannot find in your life outside the boards. I think it is most difficult to hear about people who can so easily get pregnant and really and truly do not deserve it. I feel the same way as you. I got the job, got the house, added to the savings and nothing. Much like your boss's daughter my SIL is the same way. She cannot support herself, her boyfriend is a joke, and here she is pregnant. I hit my lowest low the day I found out. No one in my DH's family knows about our struggles and only my sister and mother know about it in my family. It is hard not to feel alone. I know it does not make everything better but we are here for you.

I know that there is a mommy inside all of us that we will be able to show soon.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

M/C November 2009

Metformin December 2009

Clomid #1 50mg April 2010 = no O :-(

Clomid #2 100mg May 2010 = BFN

Clomid #3 150mg July 2010 = BFN

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dixie

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-08-2010 - 12:05pm

Lisa, I'm glad you came out of lurk-dom, but so sorry you've had such a rough road so far. 4-6 years is a long time, and it must be terrible to go along with the idea that you don't want a child when it is clearly very important to you. I hope that you and DH can get back on track with IF treatments and counseling so that this struggle doesn't become even more difficult. Stick around here and find some support- what you are going through sucks!

Andrea

Lilypie Maternity tickers

May Baby

<
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-08-2010 - 1:35pm

Lisa,

Welcome to the board but I too wish you do not have to be here. This place is wonderful for when you need to vent and when you need to have a pick me up. If it was not for these wonderful ladies I would have lost it by now. I too have been playing the IF game for over 8yrs now. Until this this year I was not financially ready for treatments. Even today it still is a struggle to afford it and my insurance has covered most of it.

It is ok to be angry, sad, frustrated and emotionally drained. We all have been there, is there and can relate to how you feel. I hope that DH can find something stable where you can get back on track and afford your treatments.

Me ~ 31  DH ~ 33  TTC #1 since August 2002. Dealing with mild Endo, PCOS, D

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-08-2010 - 6:18pm

First, let me say Thank You to Dixie and Andrea for their support and kind words above.

Lisa
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-08-2010 - 6:35pm
Lisa I had to comment on your statement about needing to lose weight. I am in the exact same place you are when it comes to the weight. The first RE I went to said they would not help me until I lost 20lbs. I also have PCOS and losing weight is definitely not easy. It can be very depressing and frustrating that not only can we not get pregnant but that we can't be helped. I hope that you have more luck then I am.

Dixie

TTC since April 2009

M/C November 2009

Metformin December 2009

Clomid #1 50mg April 2010 = no O :-(

Clomid #2 100mg May 2010 = BFN

Clomid #3 150mg July 2010 = BFN

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dixie

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-08-2010 - 8:28pm

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry you're feeling so down and are having a difficult time dealing with the babies and pregnancies around you.

Tamar

TTC #1 since Feb '09 with Unexplained Infertility: SA's all ok; b/w and HSG ok; Lap Mar '10 - mild endo on outside of right tube/uterus removed but not considered eno

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-08-2010 - 10:24pm

Wow, I cannot believe they told you fibroids would not be an issue. They usually causes issues with implantation. I am glad they were removed but sad it did not work for you. Seems like you have had the work up and then some. Have any of the RE's checked to make sure your tubes are open? I would also check when you get back into treatments if your RE office has any meds that can be donated to you. Some clinics are given meds by the drug company to use for patients. If this is possible it sure would help with the cost.

As far as the weight, I too am overweight by way more than 20lbs. I am diabetic and take insulin so it is not easy for

Me ~ 31  DH ~ 33  TTC #1 since August 2002. Dealing with mild Endo, PCOS, D

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 9:28am

Dixie,

It just really stinks doesn't it?

Lisa
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 10:27am

Lisa,

I'm really sorry that you are going through this and I'm glad that it helped you to vent to us! I cannot imagine how you and DH have managed a 6-yr struggle with IF! I know what you mean about people not deserving children! I work with a girl that's 23, has two kids (1 and 2), had an abortion in March, restraining order against the father, is in Section 8 housing, on food stamps, receiving WIC and has absolutely no issues with getting pg. She's Miss Fertile Mertyle! Just absolutely not fair!!! Maybe you should try to get in to some counseling just to help you cope. I go to counseling every week and I just couldn't face the next step without being able to work through all of my feelings. It helps just to have someone tell you that what you are feeling is perfectly normal!

My best friend lives in Raleigh. Do you want me to ask her if there's any RE's there that she's heard are good? She has PCOS and sees about 10 different docs for all of her health issues, so she might know of someone that can help. I don't know if the REs you've worked with use the Freedom Pharmacy, but they have discounted prescriptions for women with no insurance and an assistance program too. Might be worth looking into?

I have a strong faith, but I do believe that God helps people who help themselves. I don't feel like we should leave everything up to him, but he does help us out when we need him most! Sending lots of hugs and baby dust!

Robin

TTC #1 since Dec 2009

• Me - 30, DH - 35

• Endo, possible PCOS, one tube, a body that hates me!

• February 2002 - cyst removal, left tube severed, discovered Endo

• June 2010 - ultrasound, no mature follicles

• July 2010 - HSG, tube partially blocked and/or twisted.

Robin

Mom to 2-year old twin boys, Dawson & Devin

TTC #3

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 10:30am

Thanks Katrina, I actually had not thought about

Lisa

Pages