Electric Shock

iVillage Member
Electric Shock
Sun, 09-12-2010 - 1:52pm

I am freaking out - I had an electric shock today while trying to plug in a cell phone charger. It went up my arm to about my elbow and it's been about 45 minutes since - and I feel fine except for a little bit a very mild soreness in my arm. I am TERRIFIED for the baby though - especially after reading some pretty awful things on the internet. I did call my doctor, she didn't seem too concerned. She said I can come in tomorrow to hear the heartbeat just for reassurance. I will be doing that for sure. But I just can't seem to calm myself down. I am so worried that this did damage to the baby. Has anyone had this happen? Looking for some reassurance.

Thanks ladies.

Leslie

Finally pregnant with our first with the help of Donor Sperm and IUI after 3 years of TTC!!

Due Date: March 3, 2011

Grow Baby Grow

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Leslie Finally welcomed baby Stella on 2/25/2011 after 3+ years of TTC!
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-12-2010 - 2:33pm

Lesie,

When I was 10 weeks PG with my daughter I was cleaning a fish tank at work and was shocked by the broken heater I did not see. The shock went all the way up my arm. After a 1/2 hr of my arm tingling I went in to get checked. This was the 1st time I heard the heart beat. I was told the wattage would not have been strong enough to cause damage to the baby. My DD was perfectly fine. I hope this gives you some reassurance.

Me ~ 31

Me ~ 31  DH ~ 33  TTC #1 since August 2002. Dealing with mild Endo, PCOS, D

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-12-2010 - 2:44pm

Thanks Katrina. It certainly is good to hear when someone else has gone through the same thing and the baby was perfectly fine. Thank you for posting your experience - I'm trying to stay calm and logical - and hearing this helps!

Leslie

Finally pregnant with our first with the help of Donor Sperm and IUI after 3 years of TTC!!

Grow Baby Grow

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 9:08am

Leslie,

I hope everything is ok with your LO. I don't blame you for worrying. I would probably be the same way.

If you do decide to go to the doctor today I hope they find the HB and that all is well.

Good Luck:)

Nat

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 11:30am

Thanks Nat. I'm calling the Dr as soon as they open to schedule a time to come in and hear the HB. It'll cost me about $50 (my insurance really sucks) - but for peace of mind, it's well worth it.

I'm doing ok - but still worried. DH pulled up a bunch of stuff online that says it is nothing to worry too much about, since it was a pretty minor shock. I'm so crazy that I didn't even use my blow dryer this morning! But I guess I can't go another 5 1/2 months without it...so I'll have to get over it. I hate all the worry ~ but I guess it's good training for all the worry we'll go through as parents -right?

Thanks for the good thoughts.

Leslie

Grow Baby Grow

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-14-2010 - 11:16am

Looks like everything is ok. We heard a nice strong heartbeat yesterday. Thanks for your thoughts & prayers.

Leslie

Grow Baby Grow