the big reveal!

iVillage Member
the big reveal!
Tue, 09-14-2010 - 3:06pm

Some of you asked for me to tell how my announcement to SO went. I am hesitant to post this on a board where I know seeing other BFP stories is so hard, but I also wanted to share it. I really hope it doesn't hurt anyone's feelings that I post this. Well, what I really hope is that soon everyone will be posting these kinds of messages.

I got my BFP on Sunday morning and decided to wait to tell Tom since he was coming home on Monday evening. I am attaching a couple of pictures of the display I made. I put it how when he walked in from the garage door, it would be directly in front of him. I'm not very creative, so my poster is kind of lame, but I liked working on it. The bib hanging from the bottom is the only baby item I have bought this entire time, and it is a Red Sox bib (Tom is a huge fan, he's from just outside of Boston and is obsessed). The bib says "Little Boston Red Sox Fan" and I ordered it online last year to have when I finally got to tell Tom our news.

Needless to say, I was getting so excited yesterday, and he finally called and said he was on the way home from the office. When I heard the garage door open I got so jittery but also started tearing up. He walked in and just stopped mid step, and dropped all his stuff. He saw me in the corner and said, "Wait, does this mean you are pregnant?!" He had a big goofy grin on his face, but he was totally in shock. It was great. He was actually stunned silent after that and then he hugged and kissed me and said "give me a minute here." He walked over to read the sign again (Pink or Blue? Either will do! Congratulations, Daddy) and said, "well, I guess we have a lot to talk about at dinner. Let's go out!" He was pretty quiet- he is anyway, but he kept saying, "I'm really excited but I don't know what else this feeling is." Tom is a real family-oriented guy and he and his dad are really close and he has a strong sense of responsibility, so I imagine he was processing all that. He asked lots of questions and we realized neither of us have a clue about pregnancy so after dinner he took me to buy What to Expect When You are Expecting. If anyone else has a recommendation of other books, let me know!
Oh- to keep him from thinking we might be pg, I've been telling him my temp was down and yesterday I told him we had an appointment at our clinic on Wednesday. Really, the appointment is for the next beta but he figured it was to start talking about IUI. So at one point, he said, "hey, do we still have to go to the dr on Wednesday?" I said yes, but for our next blood test and he laughed and said "you better not teach our kid to be such a liar!"

All in all, it was great and I'm excited but also scared. I am praying for doubling vibes right now.
Hope everyone else is doing well!

Andrea

Lilypie Maternity tickers

May Baby

<
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-14-2010 - 4:14pm

That is wonderful Andrea - I got teary reading it! I will be sending SBVs your way, of course, and I'm so happy you got to tell DH the news like that! I don't have my BFP yet but I'm really glad you shared your story and it doesn't hurt my feelings at all - I know how hard IF is and so there's just that much more joy when things finally start going your way!
Heather

~ TTC since 2007
~ BFP May 2009 after 2nd cycle of clomid
~ MC July 2009
~ IUIs starting April 2010
~ Weak BFP April 2010

~ Meron born 12-09-11 after 3 1/2 years of TTC, IUIs and IVF.
~ #2 on the way(!) and due 06-06-13.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-14-2010 - 4:40pm
That is such a sweet story, Andrea :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-14-2010 - 4:42pm

Oops- just realized I didn't post the pics! Thanks, Heather for the response!

Andrea

May Baby

<
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-14-2010 - 6:53pm
Aww that is so exciting Andrea! I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months. Best of wishes to you and your SO.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

M/C (chemical pregnancy)

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-14-2010 - 9:35pm
That's great Andrea!

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 9:17am

Andrea,

I also got teary eyed reading your post:)

I'm so excited for you guys!!

Keep us posted on your beta results.

Sending many SBV's your way:)

Nat

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 10:17am
Okay I got teary eyed too! So adorable and very creative, I always wanted to come up with some cute way to tell but just ended up showing him the stick. I love hearing his reaction and that you went and bought a book together, so sweet! Congrats and I can't wait to hear your next beta!
Kelly

Kelly

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 10:23am

Andrea,

Awwww!!!

Finally pregnant after 3 yrs of ttc and 3 losses. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers EDD: 9/18/11
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 12:12am
Congrats Andrea!! I'm so happy to see the news of your BFP! What a sweet story too! That will be such a cute memory...you'll have to write in your little one's baby book.

Photobucket

Photobucket