Old Timer Strikes Out

iVillage Member
Old Timer Strikes Out
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 2:11pm

Hi Girls,

I got the call while driving to the clinic this morning.

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-18-2010 - 2:44pm

Somewhere, there is a crack mom with 14 children, one of which should rightfully be yours!

Brigid, 42 yrs. old, daughter born 2002, Pregnant! Due date Jan. 6, 2012 Son born Dec. 29! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-17-2010 - 6:26pm
Underthesky
Those same thoughts cross my mind all the time, especially when my dh and decide to sleep in sunday mornings.
IVF#1 March 2010 GonalF, Cetrotide, Menopur.
23 follicles 19 eggs 13 mature 7 fertilized 2 blasts none to freeze. No Pregnancy.
IVF#2 July 2010 Lupron Gonal F Menopur
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-17-2010 - 9:43am

I've been "lurking" here for quite some time but your post made me come out from the shadows. I've done 3

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-15-2010 - 3:16pm
Whether any of us like it or not, and clearly we do not, there will always be a small percentage of women/couples who will not be able to have children, despite the fact the medicine can help some. Life is really unfair that way. Maybe it's infertility or cancer or whatever...nothing is guaranteed to any of us. What's hard about infertility is that I think it's very biologically driven for most women. I can think of a million reasons to not want kids...in a lot of ways, I'm happy with my life. I like a lot of sleep. I like being able to watch what I want on tv and not edit my selections due to little eyes and ears. I love my relationship with my husband and I worry about the strain a baby would put on us as older parents. I love vacations alone with my husband. I worry about creating a child that has problems of some sort. I worry about whether this world is right to bring someone in to. I worry, given mine and husbands ages, will we be around long enough? I worry, what if something happens to my child, am I strong enough to endure it? I sort of doubt it. What if I get cancer and die when the child is 5? How heartbreaking would that be??? And then what would my husband do??? Oh, these are just a few of the reasons I've thought of, and pretty compelling, too, I think. And, yet, it's there...this incredibly strong desire for children. But, I have to accept that it just may not be meant to be for me. Due to my husbands age, we are not eligible to adopt...I could divorce him and adopt, but wouldn't dream of it...he and I are a family, I just hope to add to it! Did I also mention that kids are ridiculously expensive??? Or that almost every parent I know has been disappointed in their kid at some point?? I know some of us are very bitter and struggling to get beyond that...but almost everyone struggles with something. What about the mother that lost all three of her kids in a car accident?? She's also trying to figure out how to move on and not hurt so much. Do you think her kids would want her to spend the rest of her life consumed in sadness and anger?? That's no way to live. Look, I want a baby as badly as any of you...and it just might not happen for me. And, yes, there will be a sadness there for the rest of my about that. But I can only wallow in that for so long before I remember that children aren't easy(for all the reasons above and some), that my life isn't incomplete or less if I don't have them...I still have so much to be thankful for, and I am.
KayLa (36)... so many fertility issues betweeen DH and I. Diagnosed with Hashimoto's.
TTC naturally since June 2009
IVF #1 November 2010...BFP....early M/C
FET #1 April 2011...BFP...beta 10, 29, 460.
Heartbeat seen via u/s.
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-14-2010 - 10:59pm
Not to sound snotty, which means I probably will... but "it could happen on its own" and so on is not comforting to someone at the end of there rope about this. I wish the best for you, good luck.
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-14-2010 - 10:57pm

Good luck in life. We have two frozen egg from donor. Trying in early 2011. Then that is all for me. I already told DH.

We had three IVF cycles and got lucky with one embie last cycle and have a 2.5 year old.

Started trying in Jan of 2010 three cycles not even to ET either cancelled cycles or no eggs fertilized. Decide to go donor egg supposed to be great many eggs right? Got 6 eggs only 4 fertilized 2 for ET neither made it.

I am bitter and sad and grieving for those two lives gone. Angry at pg women.

Good luck to you and best of luck always

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 9:41pm

Hi Allision,

Me - (Amanda 27) My dh-- 26 We have been ttc # 1 for 3yrs 5mths My dh has severe oligospermia, Ivf with icsi is our only option. Ivf # 1--- failed Ivf # 2--- failed Ivf # 3-- hopefully in March 2013 at a new clinic!

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 1:48pm
ugh ... so not the post I'd hoped to see after logging in after a long hiatus from the boards. {hugs} for you!

Photobucket

°o°Two Disney Nuts TTC their first mousketeer!°o°
Me (31) Annovulatory PCOS & a scrapaholic & DH (32)
off BCP 10/06, “officially” begin TTC #1 05/07
1st

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 6:19pm

Hey Allison,

It's been a long time since I've checked on any one here. I'm sorry to hear this last one didn't work out for you. I've been dealing with "being done" for a while now and it really doesn't get much easier. It's just easier to ignore the heart break , the more time that goes by.

I wish I could make your pain go away. Just know that we are praying for you.

Take Care,

Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 7:44pm
Sorry for things not working for you. Maybe you should take a break, relax and pamper yourself. It could

Me - 43 - Low ovarian reseve due to age

DH - 55 - Perfect

5/2010 - 1st IVF - Only 4 Eggs none fertilized

8/26/10 started stim

Pages