Any Thanksgiving Cyclers out there yet!

iVillage Member
Any Thanksgiving Cyclers out there yet!
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 11:06am
I know its early but I am excited once again to be starting IVF 3. Just wondering if anyone is lurking around yet.
Janie
IVF#1 March 2010 GonalF, Cetrotide, Menopur.
23 follicles 19 eggs 13 mature 7 fertilized 2 blasts none to freeze. No Pregnancy.
IVF#2 July 2010 Lupron Gonal F Menopur
23 follicles 19 eggs 13 mature 7 fertilized 2 blasts none to freeze. No Pregnancy.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-22-2010 - 11:25pm

Hi Everyone!

This is the first time I've checked back since they updated the boards.

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-23-2010 - 9:21pm
Hey, Mindy... Thank you for the welcome! You're so lucky you're a nurse, I sure wish I had that experience about now! My DH is a doctor, which means I think he is probably useless in the injection category. My best friend, though, is an RN and I've warned her that I may be calling on her for help! I still have to decide which route to go on stim. With one of the pens or with the butt injections. If I go with the pen, they want me to use 450 units a day, or else 6 vials a day of the butt injection. Decisions, decisions! I guess I don't have to use lupron...I may have to do a few injections of ganarelix to hold off ovulation, if necessary.

I know exactly what you mean about trying to keep a positive attitude through IF. Month by month, and often year by year, it just wears us down. You try and pick yourself up, but it's like you end up grieving every month it doesn't happen and wondering why this is happening and why it has to be so hard! It's incredibly depressing and frustrating and it's a wonder any of us have any sanity left! I do know, though, while I wish none of us had to be here, I find such comfort going thru this with amazing, courageous women who know exactly what I'm going thru! I so hope November brings each of us a successful cycle!
KayLa (36)... so many fertility issues betweeen DH and I. Diagnosed with Hashimoto's.
TTC naturally since June 2009
IVF #1 November 2010...BFP....early M/C
FET #1 April 2011...BFP...beta 10, 29, 460.
Heartbeat seen via u/s.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-25-2010 - 9:59am

Soon there should be a buddies thred. I hope everyone takes the time to post on it. :-]

No more BCPs for me. I am soo happY for that. I always feel bloated and BLahhhh on those pills.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-27-2010 - 10:22pm

Hi! Don't have much to say this time around, except to reply to Amy that I also do not like the new style! So maybe I don't like change overall, but wow, I think the new boards are so much less user friendly and very hard to navigate thru without getting lost. Honestly, I was so frustrated the first few times I tried to get thru it, I about just threw in the towel. I'm not much for technology anyway... love computers when they work, hate them when they don't!! Hopefully we'll get used to it!

I know my cycle is a

Me- 32 years old  Hubby- 33 years old- all normal tests- unexplained infertility
Proud mother of 11 year old son, Logan, from p
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-27-2010 - 11:01pm

Hello -

This will be my first IVF cycle, so I'm not up on all the terms and meds yet, but this Friday I have my day 3 tests and I expect to start the bp pills Friday night. Assuming I'm on them for 21 days or so, and then start the shots, it looks like Thanksgiving week could be my timeframe for being monitored before retrieval.

For those of you that have done this before, how long are you typically doing the shots before it's time for egg retrieval? I know everyone's slightly different, but I'm just looking to hear from others as the information I've been given so far from my center is not crystal clear to me. The nurses have assured me they will walk me through each day when we get there, so I'm not worried, I'm just a huge planner and control freak ;-)

Wishing everyone good luck with their cycles,

Colleen

Hopeful about IVF round 1 - Nov/Dec 2010 / Forever missing our baby Grace - lost at 27 weeks, Sept. 27, 2009 / First loss shattered our perfect world at 7w3d, Nov. 2008
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-28-2010 - 1:12pm

A traditional Long Lupron protocal would be about 28 days straight bc pills no sugar pills.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-28-2010 - 4:22pm
I am currently two weeks into the three weeks of bcp that they wanted me to take. At least for this cycle, my clinic does not have me taking the Lupron injections, which I understand from others to be for about two weeks. In a week, when I finish the bcp, I will start with the follicle stimulation with daily injections. Clinic told me to plan for 7 - 10 days of that injection, with 10 days being more common. They've asked me to keep three injections of ganarelix on hand to keep off ovulation until ready for that. Then, there would be one injection to force ovulation and they told me that I will have two progesterone in oil injections before a pregnancy test. Hope that helps!
KayLa (36)... so many fertility issues betweeen DH and I. Diagnosed with Hashimoto's.
TTC naturally since June 2009
IVF #1 November 2010...BFP....early M/C
FET #1 April 2011...BFP...beta 10, 29, 460.
Heartbeat seen via u/s.
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-28-2010 - 5:38pm

Hi Colleen,

It's my first IVF cycle, too. Sounds to me like you and I are on a similar schedule! I start my OCP tonight. I am also big at planning ahead, and have a hard time not knowing exactly what is in store for me. I'm trying to relax and take it all in stride. I trust the nurses and doctors to keep me well informed. They did great with information and answering questions during all of my IUIs, so I'm sure this will go well, too! Also, my clinic told me that my

Me- 32 years old  Hubby- 33 years old- all normal tests- unexplained infertility
Proud mother of 11 year old son, Logan, from p
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-28-2010 - 8:08pm

Its hard to plan ahead the first time around because you just don't know how your body will feel. My first time was the hardest. At 34 they figured no lupron and I just did cetrotide. Well my body really responded and the eggs grew very quickly and unevenly. That cycle was very uncomfortable and the recooperation after the retrival was painful. The 2nd one I was fine, it was very smooth and virtually pain free. The lupron kind of slowed things down and it was a much better cycle as far as stimulation. Everyone is different

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-29-2010 - 2:40pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new so I hope it's ok if I jump in.