Any Thanksgiving Cyclers out there yet!

iVillage Member
Any Thanksgiving Cyclers out there yet!
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 11:06am
I know its early but I am excited once again to be starting IVF 3. Just wondering if anyone is lurking around yet.
Janie
IVF#1 March 2010 GonalF, Cetrotide, Menopur.
23 follicles 19 eggs 13 mature 7 fertilized 2 blasts none to freeze. No Pregnancy.
IVF#2 July 2010 Lupron Gonal F Menopur
23 follicles 19 eggs 13 mature 7 fertilized 2 blasts none to freeze. No Pregnancy.
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-30-2010 - 12:06pm
Hey, Jen...welcome...wish you didn't have to be here! :). Yes, I understand your concerns. I just charged my stims yesterday, $3,700. Depending on how far we go in this cycle, I figure it will run somewhere around $15,000, and, as you said it's far from guaranteed. I just know that I finally got to the point in my life when I am ready for a baby and it's just something I want very much. It's very painful for me to be around anything baby related. I hate that this has to be so expensive for the couples who require medical intervention to have a baby. It is what it is. I hope everything works out well for you!
KayLa (36)... so many fertility issues betweeen DH and I. Diagnosed with Hashimoto's.
TTC naturally since June 2009
IVF #1 November 2010...BFP....early M/C
FET #1 April 2011...BFP...beta 10, 29, 460.
Heartbeat seen via u/s.
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-01-2010 - 12:41pm

Hi everyone! This is my first and only cycle of IVF. Actually DH and I went through fertility testings 7 years ago and he was good but I had problems (100lbs overweight, endometriosis, and borderline diabetic). Unfortunately our insurance did not cover fertility treatments so we were forced to accept we would never have children and moved on with our life.

I could use some advice,
reelchilli210
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-02-2010 - 12:21pm

I'm sorry I'm brand new to these chats and IVF

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-02-2010 - 3:42pm
Just take it easy.My first time I had dizziness. Lupron will give you headaches.
I always find that the hormones amplify my emotions when I already have some drama going on .Drink lots of water and try to relax. My first 2 times I had major anxiety with fast heart beat and everything. Now I d breathing exercisezes and accupunture. It really helps. Try to take 10 deep breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth holding it just for a few seconds. That helps anxiety believe me it works. I started drinking sleepy time tea extra with valrian root. Ask your doctor if you can drink that tea. It really helped me alot.
My 3rd time around I feel none of that, partially because I think my anxiety was making all of my symptoms worse. Tell your doctor everything but try not to feed into the anxiety.Stay hydrated thats really important!
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-02-2010 - 3:48pm

Hi reelchilli2010,

I have endo too.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-03-2010 - 8:09pm

Seriously? I just typed a big old message, clicked on "post" and it deleted the whole dang thing. URG!

I'm done venting.... Hmm, shall I start again? (i'm going to feel really stupid if both of my messages show up- sorry)

Welcome to all the gals who have joined since I was last on. I don't get online very often. I hope that none of us are here very long!

I am on my 2nd week of bcp and am thrilled that they're not giving me the problems that they have in the past. I used to get terrible headaches and mood swings with them. Thankfully this time I am not! I have my next u/s and appointment on the 16th and will get my injection teaching and meds that day. I think then I also start Lupron.

I have a question. Are your husbands doing your injections for you? I plan to do my subq ones, but don't think I can do my own intramuscular ones. My husband seems a little reluctant to do them. He is very supportive, but anytime I ask him if he's going to be doing them for me he answers with "I don't know" or "I don't care", but not in a "sure I'll do them" kind of voice! I have a fellow RN at work who offered to do them, but I'm concerned about the times of day they need to be given. I even went so far as to see that I am flexible enough to reach my rear on my own and think I could manage, but just don't know about sticking that long needle into my own body!! It's usually other people's butts I'm poking, not my own! LOL! Anyway, I'm just curious how you're all going about getting your injections.

Til next time

~Mindy

Me- 32 years old  Hubby- 33 years old- all normal tests- unexplained infertility
Proud mother of 11 year old son, Logan, from p
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-03-2010 - 9:29pm
Hey, Mindy... I know, those IM shots look VERY scary...and long. Very long. My hope is that my husband will be able to give me all my injections. If for some reason he can't, I don't know if I'll be able to do it...I'd probably call my local clinic and ask if a nurse could do it. Obviously it shouldn't take very long. For all we have to go thru, I don't think it's asking too much for someone to do the injections. I can withstand them alright, but I don't like looking at the needles. And just because you're a nurse, I don't think you should need to have some sort of expectation that you have to do your own injections. Perhaps as long as you can assure your husband that you'll get everything prepped and all he has to do is the injection, he would be okay with it! I really hope he'll follow through and help you with this...we shouldn't be afraid to ask for help in this process!
KayLa (36)... so many fertility issues betweeen DH and I. Diagnosed with Hashimoto's.
Heartbeat seen via u/s.
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-03-2010 - 11:38pm

Hey Amy

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-07-2010 - 5:51pm
Hey, everyone! Would love to hear updates where you all are in your cycles?! Husband gave me my very first IF shot this morning. I got the okay from my baseline u/s and b/w on Friday to start my 450 units of Follistim per day. I actually didn't feel the needle at all in my thigh and kept asking my husband if he even had the needle in the skin...hopefully, he did it right. Hope you're all hanging in there!
Heartbeat seen via u/s.
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-07-2010 - 8:13pm

Good Luck Kayla!

I am actually triggering tonight at 11pm and retrieval on the 9th. My E2 was 3700 this morning. Everything is moving pretty fast. I am soo bloated ugh sooo happy the stim is over