update

iVillage Member
update
Sun, 09-12-2010 - 10:48am

Hello, Ladies. im missing you so much! What a whirlwind and for so long. I'll try to make this as succinct as possible.

1. mostly settled into this rental and functional enough
2. found the most wonderful help. My 'Alice' is my Phyllis, the most loving, energetic Italian gramma i have ever seen! She does it all. Laundry, cleaning, beds, organize, cook, pickup/drop off kids at school. Pretty much anything. A dream come true. I have never felt so taken care of. It is something to adjust too but all good. And, along the way I am learning Italian which is just a huge bonus since my dh is italian so i feel like we can interject that somewhat lost history into our lives with the kids etc.
3.shingles are gone but scarred. i am just thankful it was my thigh and hip. could have been so much worse. my aunt is still battling but gaining strength. Eventually my mom should be able to go back to caring for her sister only a few times a week but for the past couple months it has been daily and that so wears on my mom of course.
4. abby flew and visited grammas solo. piece of cake for her but she was glad to get home too
5. school start was ok for boys, much harder for abigail but things have simmered down and she is doing much better.
6. my september school start blues are significant :( but will eventually pass as always.
7. i flew with four boys to see gramma last week. what a trip! we did fine though. not the easiest but i have had worse lol only a few tears, one xanax (noah), lots of 'your a brave woman', and some good visiting with family and friends. at least my mom & dad have met Josh Toby now
8.my dh is absolutely crazy. we are renting per 'the plan'. I told dh we should think about letting go and selling the tx house (now that we have been here a bit and i am confident my sis will come) and have been interviewing a few realtors etc. Well, now we are looking at houses to buy here and found one we love yesterday. looking more today and other details are being worked out. If we move forward on all this we will break lease soon (definitely not waiting until next june/july) and pick up and move AGAIN!!!! he is nuts but it would be so nice to be settled, just gitterdone and really settle in, yk? we'll see what happens @@ I'm sure people have done this before. I am so attempting to 'go with the flow' At least everything would stay the same (just moving about 2 miles into town so at least much of what we have established would stay the same) and we could bike to schools and even walking distance to down town, oh and real internet lol. That would be so nice but the work of it (even with movers again) seems incredibly overwhleming. Thank God Phyllis was sent to us! LOL She says 'honey, you are not alone'
9. baby JT is ginormous and not a very good eater. he tries and we feed him but he wants everything and he just isn't very good at using his mouth and eating solids yet lol he mentally is ready for burgers and pizza but his body/mouth is not.lol he nurses alot, weighed 17lbs two months ago, has become persnickety about the paci, wont hardly take it at all, teething of course, rolling all over so i feel like he needs to be out of the bassinet but basically has evolved to full out co sleeping which i thought we would never ever ever do! it is better than getting no sleep but at 6 months he should be a better sleeper. I am just ready to work on this now that we have traveled, back and normalcy setting in. anticipate some cio or rocky roads to get him in his crib and now if we move again @@@@@@@@
oh well, eventually i will sleep, right?
10. good note, dh isn't traveling like he used too and has fun at work, bad, he works soooo much. it is just who he is and i told him phyllis was his stand in. lol his job is demanding and it isn't like he can just dissappear on a daily basis yk? meetings, events sure but not like alot yk?
11. is that everything? oh, Abigail is doing cross country. Noah starts lacrosse for the first time in week or so, Benny is loving Kinder, J and N seem to be liking school too. well i think it is enough. i am hoping this week will bring me some normalcy (by that i mean workout and puter/connection time for me)
12. i miss my sis and bil desparately. They both came in july for 10 days, then sis came in august for 7 and will prob come again late sept or oct. it is an easy direct flight but still she has a life there too yk? they want to move here but all will work out, just wait until things line up properly to make it happen

hope everyone is doing ok and hope to catch up more soon.

hugs

Sher

Go with the flow of good chaos

"When one door of happiness closes, another one opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us."-Helen Keller
hugs
Sher

Go with the flow of good chaos

iVillage Member
In reply to: fantastic_four
Sun, 09-12-2010 - 2:53pm

Wow crazy busy!

You guys definitely need to buy a house and get some regular internet!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-12-2010 - 3:54pm

I was just wondering last night how you were settling in!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket 
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-12-2010 - 4:43pm

You are so amazing. You had a baby, moved across the country, settled in, and are ready to move again. I'd have been whimpering in a corner by May. You really rock, Sher.

I am glad you've found a new house you like. I am sure Phyllis will help with the move. She sounds like an angel.

I bet Josh Toby is the cutest thing ever. He just wants to catch up with his brothers and sister. :)

Be well and happy!

Hugs,

Martie

Mom to 8 amazing children

Martie
Mom to 8 amazing children

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 5:27pm
Sher
SOunds great, so glad you are getting settled in. I agree it may be nice to go ahead and buy a permanent home and get moved even as much of a pain as that is, since you will only get more and more little things spread here and there in the rental as time goes on. SO glad you found Phyllis. I need one too! And so glad Abby did well on her solo trip and you did fine with the 4 boys. Take care and happy birthday!
ivillage sig Thanks for the siggy butterfly746
ivillage sig Thanks for the siggy butterfly746
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 5:47pm
Yay for finding a Phyllis. I really need one of her as well. I am glad to hear you're getting settled. Happy Birthday.

Photobucket