Find a Conversation
|Sun, 09-12-2010 - 10:48am|
Hello, Ladies. im missing you so much! What a whirlwind and for so long. I'll try to make this as succinct as possible.
1. mostly settled into this rental and functional enough
2. found the most wonderful help. My 'Alice' is my Phyllis, the most loving, energetic Italian gramma i have ever seen! She does it all. Laundry, cleaning, beds, organize, cook, pickup/drop off kids at school. Pretty much anything. A dream come true. I have never felt so taken care of. It is something to adjust too but all good. And, along the way I am learning Italian which is just a huge bonus since my dh is italian so i feel like we can interject that somewhat lost history into our lives with the kids etc.
3.shingles are gone but scarred. i am just thankful it was my thigh and hip. could have been so much worse. my aunt is still battling but gaining strength. Eventually my mom should be able to go back to caring for her sister only a few times a week but for the past couple months it has been daily and that so wears on my mom of course.
4. abby flew and visited grammas solo. piece of cake for her but she was glad to get home too
5. school start was ok for boys, much harder for abigail but things have simmered down and she is doing much better.
6. my september school start blues are significant :( but will eventually pass as always.
7. i flew with four boys to see gramma last week. what a trip! we did fine though. not the easiest but i have had worse lol only a few tears, one xanax (noah), lots of 'your a brave woman', and some good visiting with family and friends. at least my mom & dad have met Josh Toby now
8.my dh is absolutely crazy. we are renting per 'the plan'. I told dh we should think about letting go and selling the tx house (now that we have been here a bit and i am confident my sis will come) and have been interviewing a few realtors etc. Well, now we are looking at houses to buy here and found one we love yesterday. looking more today and other details are being worked out. If we move forward on all this we will break lease soon (definitely not waiting until next june/july) and pick up and move AGAIN!!!! he is nuts but it would be so nice to be settled, just gitterdone and really settle in, yk? we'll see what happens @@ I'm sure people have done this before. I am so attempting to 'go with the flow' At least everything would stay the same (just moving about 2 miles into town so at least much of what we have established would stay the same) and we could bike to schools and even walking distance to down town, oh and real internet lol. That would be so nice but the work of it (even with movers again) seems incredibly overwhleming. Thank God Phyllis was sent to us! LOL She says 'honey, you are not alone'
9. baby JT is ginormous and not a very good eater. he tries and we feed him but he wants everything and he just isn't very good at using his mouth and eating solids yet lol he mentally is ready for burgers and pizza but his body/mouth is not.lol he nurses alot, weighed 17lbs two months ago, has become persnickety about the paci, wont hardly take it at all, teething of course, rolling all over so i feel like he needs to be out of the bassinet but basically has evolved to full out co sleeping which i thought we would never ever ever do! it is better than getting no sleep but at 6 months he should be a better sleeper. I am just ready to work on this now that we have traveled, back and normalcy setting in. anticipate some cio or rocky roads to get him in his crib and now if we move again @@@@@@@@
oh well, eventually i will sleep, right?
10. good note, dh isn't traveling like he used too and has fun at work, bad, he works soooo much. it is just who he is and i told him phyllis was his stand in. lol his job is demanding and it isn't like he can just dissappear on a daily basis yk? meetings, events sure but not like alot yk?
11. is that everything? oh, Abigail is doing cross country. Noah starts lacrosse for the first time in week or so, Benny is loving Kinder, J and N seem to be liking school too. well i think it is enough. i am hoping this week will bring me some normalcy (by that i mean workout and puter/connection time for me)
12. i miss my sis and bil desparately. They both came in july for 10 days, then sis came in august for 7 and will prob come again late sept or oct. it is an easy direct flight but still she has a life there too yk? they want to move here but all will work out, just wait until things line up properly to make it happen
hope everyone is doing ok and hope to catch up more soon.