iVillage Member
It's the weekend!
Sat, 09-11-2010 - 1:23pm

Coffee

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-11-2010 - 1:53pm

Happy Saturday! It's a gorgeous day here, sunny, nice breeze, perfect temps. :-)

I slept late this morning and plan to have a relaxing day of not doing much of anything. Going to watch the Iowa vs. Iowa State football game this afternoon, read my book, maybe make some banana bread. Travis has a friend over for the afternoon so he's happy.

We found out yesterday that he didn't make the travel hockey team. Thankfully none of us feel too badly about it! I think we'll all be happier doing "select" hockey again this year instead of full travel. Select still does plenty of traveling but the schedule is less intense. Good for us because Travis is very well-rounded and has other activities and interests besides hockey, and we all enjoy some "down time" too. I continue to be so proud and amazed of what an even-keeled child I have. He just takes everything in stride and doesn't stress or have a bad attitude in the face of most disappointments. I really love that about him! :-)

Sunday school starts back up tomorrow, and after that we don't have anything in particular planned for the rest of the day. Travis has math homework to get done at some point. Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-11-2010 - 2:09pm

Glad Travis is ok about the hockey result.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-11-2010 - 2:18pm

It's been reasonably nice and sunny here today.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-11-2010 - 2:45pm

M@ texted me yesterday - he got into the frat he wanted. Totally amazing to me that he'd even consider it, but after looking at their website, if they're half as dedicated as they claim, it'd be a good thing! He's asking for a hoodie with the greek letters once he gets pinned; was supposed to be pinned last night but was driving to Chicago with a buddy to see a band. They grow up VERY fast...

Sue

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-11-2010 - 2:54pm
Gabby always hated Toy Story when she was younger too.In the first one the eveil boy tried to blow up Barbie and that terrified her .She was able to sit through Wizard of Oz and plenty of otehr so called scary movies,but Toy Story ,put her over the edge,go fugure.She did actually enjoy Toy Story 3,but she saw it with a group of friends and they have all thes inside jokes,so that might be why.

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-11-2010 - 5:03pm
Really sounds as if he's growing up
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-11-2010 - 6:37pm

It's been a good weekend so far. Friday night we drove to the other side of the city to the Apple store to get my Macbook looked at. Mitchell was enjoying the Lego Star Wars games set up on the computers there while he waited for me. The guy was really great and now my Macbook is all working again and that pleases me :)

Yesterday we hung around home in the morning and made some vanilla cupcakes for our afternoon outing. In the afternoon we went to visit our favourite people and Mitchell got to hang out with A while I got to chat with L and we were all amused by O, who is nearly 2 and so very adorable :)

This morning we need to grocery shop as we're running out of all the important staples. Then in the afternoon Mitchell wants me to take him to a play centre where a kid in his class is having a birthday party that he wasn't invited to. He's not at all fussed that he wasn't invited and actually thinks this is great because he can go, play with his friends, doesn't have to bring a present and doesn't have to have his play interrupted with annoying things like food :)

Michael was going to fly home last night but his brother and sister have asked him to hang around for a few days. His Mum is up to her usual rubbish and it seems that the funeral did not have to be put off for 4 weeks but she pretty much decided on that, which is completely selfish considering the 3 kids have all organised all sorts of things to be there, and J at least, living in the US, can't possibly come back again a couple of weeks later. Hopefully he will have a nice time at least catching up with his brother and sister because his parents have only made everything so much worse.

2010 OC sig

70000 post OCOnly Child board

"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." - Mahatma Gandhi

2010 OC sig

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-11-2010 - 6:40pm

Yay for having a great kid, I'm sure that is in no small part due to his parents :)

Enjoy your weekend!

2010 OC sig

"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." - Mahatma Gandhi

2010 OC sig

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-11-2010 - 6:42pm
Sounds like a lovely weekend :) How exciting getting her name on her black belt, what a great achievement!

2010 OC sig

2010 OC sig

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-11-2010 - 6:45pm
Good news on the frat if that's what he wanted. Do they really do all those horrid initiation things like you see in the movies? That's the one thing that makes US college (from what you see in the movies) seem a lot less fun.

2010 OC sig

2010 OC sig

Pages