whats up Pictures, Images and Photos

Anything fun planned?

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 12:46pm

Kind of a rainy day here. It's really feeling fall-ish, love it!

Travis is at a referee clinic all day. He has to take a couple tests which shouldn't be hard for him, and then he can hopefully be a junior linesman (paired with an older referee) for games at the termite and mite (2 levels below him) at our rink. It would be a nice flexible little part-time job for him.

Dh and I have our monthly trivia night with friends tonight. This is the first month back after the summer hiatus, so I'm looking forward to it. Our team never wins, but we have snacks and drink and lots of laughs. :-) I am making some BLT dip to have with crackers...yum! Travis will be spending the night with my in-laws. He is very excited because they just got a puppy!

Not sure what we'll do tomorrow. If the weather is nice we might go for a bike ride, or maybe the guys will rollerblade and I'll ride my bike. Then again, I think it might rain, so maybe we'll just be hanging out around the house. Travis has math homework to do sometime tomorrow.

Just on a totally random note, I noticed last night that Travis has armpit hair!! I was a little surprised, LOL. There's not a lot and it's very blond, but it is there. He is growing up so fast all of a sudden!! We got the proofs for his school pictures back this week and he looks so mature in them. *sigh*

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 9:43pm

No way, Amy! I don't want to think about growing up things right now-lol.

We went to surprise birthday party for another 9-05 kiddo today. Missie and I actually met here on our DD board. We're going on our 5th year anniversary trip together in May. lol! She just had a baby so I don't know if her almost 1 year old will come with us or not. Nick's camping a shooting event and I'm going to go drink wine while cleaning up the kitchen. Tomorrow, we're staying home and doing nothing!

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 9:44pm

Another Girl Scout weekend for me. Friday I had my Daisy meeting, total chaos but such is life. Next meeting will be better I swear! It didn't help any that my daughter was running laps around the tables chasing other girls....sigh....some times I expect a lot of her I know but darn it she should know better than to run around chasing other girls! So our next meetings will be all about hut rules and that it's not just play time but they are there to learn something. I have meetings every Friday now, some with the Daisy's (1st graders, up to 11) and then the 2nd and 3rd graders are Brownies, up to 22 of those! They don't all show up most of the time but if they did it would be pretty crazy. I'm hoping with a group this large we can do a really nice service project for the community and get in a few little ones over the year.

Today I went up to our Girl Scout camp called Camp LaJita. It's outside of Utopia, TX and is in the hill country so it's just beautiful up there. Hills and big trees, feels almost like home in MI except it's still hot, humid and green! In the morning I attended a troop leadership essentials and then in the afternoon I was the instructor for Brownie age level. It went very well and I felt good after giving the class. My DH made a comment when I got home about how different I am now that I do girl scouts, more confidence and I walk with my head held high instead of hanging it. lol It's true my confidence has grown since I started scouts with Paige, so it's been good for both of us. I never had the self confidence even when I was in the Army.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with some other leaders to plan a Brownie Ice Cream social! :) Fun stuff, I'm glad we're into another year.

I've made another big career decision. This sales stuff is not for me so I'm applying for jobs and computers again. The company I'm working for has decided I'm not worth the time or money to send out a manager to help me gain sales so I've decided to not remain with them any longer than I have to. There are some very good jobs right now for Information Technology with both the Air Force and Border Patrol, so I'm hoping I can get one. Thankfully we can survive while my sales are low so, and I'm feeling better now that I'm looking for a new job and not feeling like such a burden on the family.

Wow this turned into quite the email sorry! :)

Jodi

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-19-2010 - 9:25pm
Hooray for self-esteem! Good luck finding a new job. Sales would not work for me either.
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 6:04am

Travis certainly sounds as if he's growing up - a part-time job!! Is it paid?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 6:05am
Sounds like a nice weekend Sunni
Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 6:09am

Good luck with the new careers move Jodi.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 6:23am

Our weekend didn't go as planned as a couple of thigns were cancelled but that gave us more free time.

We spent most of Saturday shopping for clothes for Victroia.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 8:41am
I don't want to think about it either, LOL! Can't really help it these days as it just keeps slapping me in the face. He's going to be a teenager before I know it! *faints* ;-)
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 8:47am

Yes, he would get paid. I think it's something like $10-$20 per game. I think the rule is that he can only work games with kids that are 1-2 levels lower than him, so I'm guessing he would maybe pick up one game a week. He still has to take an online test and buy the uniform. He said he was the youngest there by far, the rest were high school or older. I hope it works out for him. He seems pretty excited about it, because he likes money. :-)

Travis has very hairy legs, too. He has had quite a bit of leg hair for a good 3-4 years now. Luckily it is very blond, or it might look kind of funny/gross!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages