Update on Madeline's talking

iVillage Member
Update on Madeline's talking
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 1:50pm

Hi Everyone-

Since everyone was so kind to give me such wonderful feedback about Madeline's talking (or lack of wanting to), I just wanted to give you an update.

She is talking so much more now that she was last month. She has not only learned new words and sounds, but is talking now more than signing. She is becoming more open about talking in front of others, saying "hi" and "bye" to people she is very close to. Today at storytime, she used a few words to tell me what she wanted in front of the other kids. She is jabbering most of the day around the house, and while I don't understand a lot of it, I can discern many words here and there. It seems like everyday she is trying to say something new.

So, while there are still moments that I am around other kids her age (or younger) that are saying more words than she is, there are also kids that I am meeting that are around her level as well.

Of course, I continue to keep an eye on it, to make sure she isn't developing speech more slowly than others her age, but I try to remind myself that there are other things, such as her motor skills, that are ahead of her peers as well.

Thanks so much for everyone for your wonderful feedback and help!

Breastfeeding Mama Blinky Pictures, Images and Photos
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 1:58pm
Wonderful news!

~ Mary ~

Mom to Rebecca (our 1st IVF miracle)...hoping for more

7/07 - IVF #1, OHSS, no transfer, 8/07 FET #1 - BFP, beta 1 - 26, beta 2 - 203, DD 4/1

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 1:59pm

Stefanie,

I am so excited to read your post.

siggy

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 10:44pm

WOO HOO!!!

Photobucket