Single and Scared

iVillage Member
Single and Scared
Sun, 09-19-2010 - 10:56pm
I am a 23 year old student in nursing school and I am now 3 months pregnant. The father and I are not really getting along b/c he is in another country and
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 2:53pm

hi! i can definately relate to how your feeling about wanting to be happy about having a baby, but sad that its not an "ideal" situation.

kimsept4-10.jpg picture by ambersspace

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-08-2010 - 12:11pm

i know exactly how you are feeling. i want to be happy and i deserve this baby but its so hard not to feel lonely and sad and depressed when your doing this alone. i never thought i would be going through this...never thought id be a single mother. its the scariest thing ive ever been through. i do have a very supportive family and i know im lucky. everyone keeps telling me how i have to pull myself together for the baby and i need to stop stressing and worrying over the babys father but its hard. its bad enough being emotional from hormone changes, but then to throw in being single just ruins your day. i was never much of a cryer, and never ever in public, but now, i cry all the time. when i see a couple laughing, i cry, when someone looks at me wrong i cry. but i do believe that everything happens for a reason. I hope everything works out for you and ill keep everyone on this site in my prayers. I just wanted u to know that you are not alone in feeling this way. my 1st ultrasound is monday and i wish the babys father would be there to hold my hand and see our little baby for the first time, but he wont be there and that kills me. it hurts so much that i dont even want to go at all now. but i know once i see my baby on screen, my entire life is going to change and i pray my emotions will change too.

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-09-2010 - 3:36pm

I'm sorry you are going through this and I can totally relate. Fighting all the time is happening to me too.