New Here & Need Support

iVillage Member
New Here & Need Support
Sat, 09-25-2010 - 7:26pm

Hi Ladies,my name is Brittany and i've been lurking around a few days. I was with my boyfriend for 6 years and in March we broke up because I caught him about to cheat on me. We still continued to have sex but knew that we both were single. In this time we were both seeing other people. In July his brother was killed and we started talking again in hopes of getting back together and making it work. We spent almost everyday together since than until I got pregnant. He wanted a child more than I did but didnt expect it to happen naturally because in 6 years it never has. I have had 3 miscarriages all while either taking Clomid or Femara.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-26-2010 - 9:36pm
Hey! I know how you feel about being alone. I'm nine weeks pregnant and my husband of 7 years has decided that he doesn't want to be married to me anymore. There is a whole story about that but we won't get into it. Your "boyfriend" is being a jerk and I don't think that you should let him get you down or depressed. You need to stay strong for the baby that you are carrying. He seems to me that he is being selfish and uncaring. Why would you want that in your life?? Right now is not the time to be thinking about "who is going to want me?" because you need to focus on creating a healthy baby. As much as I would want my soon to be ex-husband to be by my side during this time, I know that what we had was toxic and we needed to move on. I need to stay positive for this baby and for the two kids that we already have. It's his loss
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 12:13am
Hi brittany, I could just imagine how you feel. of course the men always want the baby but when reality hits...they are gone. Its the worst feeling in the world knowing that your pregnant and your spouse is not there for you...it makes you fell like crap when you see so many happy pregnant couples.
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-30-2010 - 8:47pm
wow brittany. i totally feel sorry for what you are going through. I personally am still having sex with my baby's father and he will never commit to me either. Its sad, its like the only way I thought he would keep me around. Somedays he will cuddle with me and act like he loves me but most days i'm walking on eggshells to please him. For me it has not gotten easier. I have not really found the joy in being pregnant yet. Its so hard to walk away from someone you love that is treating you so bad. I guess the only good thing is he is telling you he won't commit and why he won't. Mine always said "just don't do anything I wouldn't do". Keep me updated!