Pregnant and heading for a divorce

iVillage Member
Pregnant and heading for a divorce
Sun, 09-26-2010 - 10:25pm
I'm having a baby with my soon to be ex-husband. It is very lonely especially since he's able to move on while I'm pregnant for the next 7 months. I've got mixed emotions about the baby. Of course I'll love it as much as my other two children but it is a sad reminder of what me and husband had. My husband and I didn't have the greatest relationship due to past affairs in our relationship (on both sides) but I was willing to work things out for us and the kids. He on the other hand had been very unhappy the last four years and finally decided to end it. We thought we had the issue of not becoming pregnant taken care of because I had an IUD. Somehow, it came out or disappeared and now we are pregnant. I'm very sad and hurt because I found out he had been with another woman the past year. I know I should just let him go but we were together for 15 years (since we were 18) and he's all I've known for a while.
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 3:18am
its great your kids are okay for now, it would put a lot more stress on you if they werent. Now u can just take the time to focus on you and baby coming and ofcourse your other two children as well. Im in the same boat... 17 weeks pregnant and i left my fiance but because he was the jerk n never had the guts to kick me out... probably becasue he didnt wanna pay me out n split the house.. but i recently jut left him becasue a negative environment is no place to raise a baby.