Holy cow!!! We have babies!

iVillage Member
Holy cow!!! We have babies!
Sun, 09-12-2010 - 8:50pm

So we had a huge surprise Friday morning! My water broke Friday morning and we ended up with an emergency c-section at 3:30 am Saturday morning! At just shy of 32 weeks gestation both girls are doing great! Charlotte Rachelle weighed 3 lbs 1.5 oz and Cassidy Leeann weighed 3 lbs 6 oz!

Pictures and more info will come later when I have a little more time but please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

Kandyce

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 12:08am
Wow, congratulations on two healthy babies! Please post updates and pictures when you can!! Wishing your family all the best -

Photobucket

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 1:17am
Prayers for you and your girls. Was DH home from work Or was he hours away like you feared?
Photobucket

Breastfeeding-my-BG-Twins.png picture by elissalucas

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 11:45am
Congrats! NICU life is totally insane and overwhelming. Try and find time to rest because when they make it home you get none lol. I'm happy everything is going so well big hugs

Rebeccasiggy
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 11:05pm

Yep, DH was 5.5 hrs away when I woke up Friday. I actually had to call my in-laws and a friend to drive me to the hospital and have someone to watch DD!!! But DH hit the road as soon as I called to tell him. Luckily he made it in plenty of time. He got to the hospital at 1 pm on Friday. So everything turned out ok, but I can't say I'm not still really upset with his boss!

But, the NICU staff has been great! It is really crazy and surreal - I guess the hardest part so far has been being away from DD. And I have found myself alone with my thoughts - feeling like I've done something wrong. Like I did something to cause the girls to be born so early.... They're both doing as well as can be expected for 32 weeks but we know we have a long way to go.

Kandyce

Photobucket

Photobucket