pre term issues

iVillage Member
pre term issues
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 6:15am

Hi everyone - I am 29 weeks along with b/g twins and was in the hospital this past weekend due to some bleeding. When I went in for monitoring I was surprised to find out I was having contractions 3-6 minutes apart. I didn't even feel them!! I stayed in 2 nights and they gave me medicine for contractions and steroids for the babies lungs. My real questions are:
1) have people had any luck still making it a good ways along if they had early issues?
2) my doctor is talking about doing a fetal fibronectin test to see how my chances are of having these babies in the next couple of weeks (of course I don't see him for well over another week though!) Any one have experience with this test - does it seem to be a good guideline?

Anyway - thanks for listening - I am terrified of having these babies too early - am on limited bed rest. Just want healthy babies!!

Thanks so much for any info and insight - it is really appreciated!!

iVillage Member
In reply to: bjplus3
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 1:21pm

Jen "watchinwaves" had some major ptl issues and went to 38 weeks and several day to her scheduled c/s.

The FFN test is pretty common, my OB did one at 28 weeks just because. She was going to repeat them every two weeks but I declined them. Make sure your insurance covers the test, it was over $800 for a cotton swab similar to a pap smear. :-/

Photobucket

Breastfeeding-my-BG-Twins.png picture by elissalucas

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: bjplus3
Fri, 09-17-2010 - 9:53pm
Thank you for your reply! I just had the fetal fibronectin test which came back negative! It is a huge relief to at least know that I am not at the highest risk for the next couple of weeks. Also the doc took me off bed rest which is great. I have realized though it is time to slow down since I really want these babies to stay in there as long as possible! It is worth letting others help out instead of pushing myself all the time. This is a whole new journey with a twin pregnancy!