Pew Survey of Religious knowledge

iVillage Member
Pew Survey of Religious knowledge
Thu, 09-30-2010 - 4:24pm

Knowing the board, I'm sure very few of the questions would stump anyone here.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/0928/Are-you-smarter-than-an-atheist-A-religious-quiz/When-does-the-Jewish-Sabbath-begin

Anne

I have no need for anger
With intimate strangers
And I got nothing to hide

- Amy Ray

I have no need for anger
With intimate strangers

- Amy Ray

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-30-2010 - 5:54pm

I took this quiz on my facebook a couple of days ago :) I got 14 out of 15 questions correct - missed the very last one by citing the third, instead of first, incarnation of that movement! Whoops. ;)

It was interesting to see which categories got which questions correct!

ETA: Oh, this is the FULL version! ::takes quiz again:: .............Drat. Got TWO wrong out of 32 this time! At least I know where I need to study now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Except that implies - in this big grand scheme of Gods and Devils - that she's just a victim. But I've seen a lot of this universe. I've seen fake gods and bad gods and demi gods and would-be gods - out of all that - out of that whole pantheon - if I believe in one thing... just one thing... I believe in her."
- The Doctor

"I am a wizard, not a saint."
- Harry Dresden

Edited 9/30/2010 6:07 pm ET by snow_lynx

"'Cause love's such an old-fashioned word, and love dares you to care for the people on th
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-30-2010 - 8:57pm
15/15... and I thought it was pretty easy, too!
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-30-2010 - 8:58pm
Oops... I'll have to go back and look at this then. I thought it was the 15 one, too! That's been passing around a lot lately!
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-30-2010 - 9:07pm
Ok, did the long form (which was more interesting, for sure). Still aced it! 32/32.
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-30-2010 - 9:18pm

I totally bollixed up the Jewish Philosopher :-( (And I intentionally got the Jonathan Edwards one wrong again, since I'd gotten it wrong on the 15-length test!)

Just one thing to do. Have you teach me! (And apparently 95% of the rest of Americans!)

"Except that implies - in this big grand scheme of Gods and Devils - that she's just a victim. But I've seen a lot of this universe. I've seen fake gods and bad gods and demi gods and would-be gods - out of all that - out of that whole pantheon - if I believe in one thing... just one thing... I believe in her."
- The Doctor

"I am a wizard, not a saint."
- Harry Dresden

"'Cause love's such an old-fashioned word, and love dares you to care for the people on th
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-30-2010 - 11:06pm

I missed the same two as you.

Anne

I have no need for anger
With intimate strangers

- Amy Ray

I have no need for anger
With intimate strangers

- Amy Ray

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-01-2010 - 4:44pm

I think it's likely about
1. being married to a Jewish (albeit sometimes stridently agnostic!) man - so half my family is now Jewish
and
2. Being an English major, and having had to suffer through Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God. (Hateful piece of fire and brimstone!)

Not to mention hanging around here with such smart and knowledgeable people as you both!