Do You and DH Have a Regular Date Night ?

iVillage Member
Do You and DH Have a Regular Date Night ?
Sun, 01-09-2011 - 9:30pm
Do You and DH Have a Regular Date Night ? Yes every week! Once a month When we can It depends .. please share Other .. please share

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-11-2011 - 2:03pm

I voted it depends, typically we have a date night every week and no less than every two weeks.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-11-2011 - 5:42pm

I guess it depends on how you define "date night."

DH and I do not regularly go out to dinner/bars/concerts. We are both very early risers; if we sleep till 6 am, we've slept late. So it's not unusual for us to be in bed (if not asleep) by 8 pm, even on weekends. It's strange for people our age (as we often hear from friends), but we've made the most of it: on Saturday mornings, we get up and go grocery shopping early. We are often finished grocery shopping by 8 am, and done with all our weekend errands by noon.

When I was married the first time, XH went grocery shopping with me only a handful of times in 3 1/2 years. This time around, DH and I take pleasure in all we do together, even if it's just

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-11-2011 - 7:30pm
msally99 wrote:

I guess it depends on how you define "date night."

DH and I do not regularly go out to dinner/bars/concerts. We are both very early risers; if we sleep till 6 am, we've slept late. So it's not unusual for us to be in bed (if not asleep) by 8 pm, even on weekends. It's strange for people our age (as we often hear from friends), but we've made the most of it: on Saturday mornings, we get up and go grocery shopping early. We are often finished grocery shopping by 8 am, and done with all our weekend errands by noon.

When I was married the first time, XH went grocery shopping with me only a handful of times in 3 1/2 years. This time around, DH and I take pleasure in all we do together, even if it's just

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-11-2011 - 7:31pm
tiptoeingaround wrote:

I voted it depends, typically we have a date night every week and no less than every two weeks.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-12-2011 - 8:51am

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-12-2011 - 9:27am

Thanks, Hugs. When DH and I were first together, we lived 200 miles apart. Because of his job, I came to Dallas every weekend. Since I was away from home all weekend every weekend, I still had things to get done, so we would often spend part of our weekends running errands. But we were so happy to be together that we had fun, even if we were only shopping for groceries.

I think that helps us enjoy the mundane things now, because we remember how much fun we had with them back then.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-12-2011 - 9:53am
msally99 wrote:

Thanks, Hugs. When DH and I were first together, we lived 200 miles apart. Because of his job, I came to Dallas every weekend. Since I was away from home all weekend every weekend, I still had things to get done, so we would often spend part of our weekends running errands. But we were so happy to be together that we had fun, even if we were only shopping for groceries.

I think that helps us enjoy the mundane things now, because we remember how much fun we had with them back then.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-12-2011 - 9:54am
tiptoeingaround wrote:

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-12-2011 - 10:07am

Yes, it was very hard, Hugs. I drove it eleven weekends in a row, and each weekend it was harder to leave DH. Part of that was the fact that he lived in Dallas, where we both grew up, and I desperately wanted to

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-12-2011 - 2:23pm
msally99 wrote:

Yes, it was very hard, Hugs. I drove it eleven weekends in a row, and each weekend it was harder to leave DH. Part of that was the fact that he lived in Dallas, where we both grew up, and I desperately wanted to

Pages