Where CAN you BF?
Find a Conversation
|Thu, 02-10-2011 - 2:19pm|
Looking at this article, I can't help wondering - where CAN you BF?
Perhaps only at home, all alone, children gone to school, husband gone to work, completely covered up with a king-size sheet and the door locked, the drapes drawn, and a big bio-hazard warning sign on your front door?
After reading this, where do you think it's OK to BF?
9 Most Awkward Breastfeeding Situations
is best for baby. Pediatricians agree that breast-fed infants enjoy
several advantages over bottle-fed babies, including protection against
serious infections and allergies.
But just where and when a woman should nurse her baby remains a matter of debate. Here are some situations that could get seriously awkward
1. In front of men
- When a mom drops her top to breast-feed, a guy's eyes can have a hard time staying focused. Is it right for her to continue the conversation when the man seems too distracted to keep up?
2. In public
- In many cities, laws permit women to go topless. So why should it seem over the top for a mom to bare her mammaries in public?
3. In a church
- A bare breast might be the answer to someone's prayers - but not every member of the congregation will be singing the praises of a woman who breast-feeds in a house of worship.
4. On a plane
- According to aviation rules, lactating moms have every right to serve up their own in-flight menu, but that doesn't mean every one board will be flying high about it.
5. In front of kids
- Does it warp kids to see mom making her daily milk deliveries?
6. In a Restaurant
- The law in many states says moms have the right to breast-feed their children at the dinner table, but is a public restaurant really the best place for mother's milk? ...some doctors worry that if a mom has an infectious illness like HIV, her breast milk can spread the infection to others. So, moms should be careful to keep breast milk off surfaces. Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-204_162-10004525-7.html#ixzz1DaLToBIy
7. On the Job
- Doctors say pumping breast milk is a good option when moms can't bring baby to work. But that doesn't mean all her office mates have gotten the memo
8. At a Friend's house
Friends don't let friends drink and drive. And some don't let visiting moms prime their pumps while on the premises. Is that right? Courtesy says moms should ask their hosts where and when they can breast-feed, but just how far should moms go to accommodate a host's wishes?
9. In a Public Bathroom
- Well-meaning moms often retreat to the nearest bathroom to breast-fed their babies, but doctors say the only spigots that should be tapped in a bathroom are the ones attached to the sink. Why? Because bathrooms are often filled with nasty disease-causing germs