National Infertility Week - Is this the game of Life you thought you would find yourself in?

iVillage Member
National Infertility Week - Is this the game of Life you thought you would find yourself in?
Fri, 04-22-2011 - 8:17pm

Infertility Awareness Week starts April 24th (Easter). Sadly infertility is still something that many people are not aware is a problem. For so many people in this world getting pregnant is a when, not an if. With so little understanding it is up to us to pave the way and help others realize that what we struggle through is very real.

So with that I decided the topic to discuss this be would have to do with where you see yourself now. Most of us have played the game of life. You go to school, get the job, get married and a house. Then you wait to land on those "Baby Boy" or "Baby Girl" spaces. You have done everything right, have money saved up have a good house. But while other peoples cars fill up it is still just a pink and a blue peg in yours. So the question is, how do you keep going? How do you keep spinning the spinner? How do you keep moving down the road despite the fact you might not be getting what you want or thought you would? How do you cope with other people and their comments relating to your issues? How do you deal with others who's "Game of Life" is going in a different way then yours.

Sometimes answering these questions not only helps others but helps ourselves. Sharing is a way of therapy, it helps us admit and let go of some of our sadness. I am sure, when we reach the end of our road, we will have the answers. Or at least some of them. And I certainly hope that our cars are filled with the extra pink and blue pegs, no matter where they come from.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009