Do you have a name list?

iVillage Member
Do you have a name list?
Wed, 06-01-2011 - 11:21am
Have you and your SO picked up your baby's name?

We have a girl and a boy's name. Should we have more kids, I am thinking of others that would match them!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-01-2011 - 2:39pm
I still have my girl names on the table from when Peter was born, and we've already decided on our boy name for #2 as well. I LOVE thinking about names!

(I also have a name lined up if I get another cat...)

:)
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-01-2011 - 4:06pm

Share your names Victoria and Liz! :) I love talking baby names too! :)

My hands down favorite girls name has always been Claire. Love, love, love it. I'd name myself Claire if I could. :)

My #1 boys name has been Henry for quite a while now. I also like Holden and was thrilled to hear S likes it too.

Other names on my list include: Girls - Elodie, Clare/Clara, Juliet, Eve/Evelyn, Emma/Emmaline, Caroline, Elle, and Adele. & Boys - Grant, James/Jameson, Harrison, Graham n.n. Gray, Emerson, Owen, Oliver, Emmett, Brendan/Brenna, Connor and Cole.

Subject to change at any time. :)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-01-2011 - 4:08pm

Liz, please share your future cat's name. lol :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-01-2011 - 4:20pm
I want to share, but wish to make it a surprise!

Here are other names I like: Emma, Ayden, Melinda

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2011 - 4:50pm

Well I love Emma, it's one of my favorites too. Melinda is lovely, and you don't hear it too often.

S and I had a serious when to TTC talk last night! And as a result of that I shared my baby name list with him for the first time. Surprisingly, he disliked just about everything on it! I'm still in shock actually. :)

He doesn't like Claire! My fave! Ugh! He did like Emma (I'd settle for Emma Claire), Charlotte, Scarlett, and Eleanor, nn Elle. For boys he hates my favorites Emmett and Henry, but he likes Holden, Cole, Harrison, and Alexander (for middle name use only).

Good thing I'm not ready to get pregnant, because I need some time to teach him to love the name Claire! :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2011 - 10:26pm
Awwww! Well mine doesn't like the girl middle name I want to use, but I think I will be able to convince him since it's my beloved grandma's name.

I love Scarlett as well!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2011 - 11:49pm
Nothing formal, but I have a few names rolling around in my head.
Girls: Molly, Charlotte, Ezri, Paige, Elizabeth as a possible MN
Boys: Nolan, Cameron, Dylan, Quentin, I like Patrick as a middle but DH hates it.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 7:57am

B. Is so picky and opinionated about names. It's yes or absolutely not. There is just no middle ground. Some of my favorites are out: Ben, Owen are a no as is his name which I love. Not even for a middle name. Lee is his middle name, and that is a no, but he might okay it. I want him to be very happy with his child's name. So, I'm not going to push a name on him. He also does not want to have a baby named after anyone. Though William is on the maybe list. It's my brother's name, and I short of like it. So it's on my maybe list too. I love the girl's name that we have: Jasmine Elizabeth Joy. Her and our last name is yet unknown. His is Smith, and it's just so plain. Mine is Cooper and I like that better, but I am having major problems with my family (a lot of abuse issues there.) So, I don't know if I want to keep the association. Though I really love B. Cooper it's a really cool, sweet name. But, then I just love B. Right now. After years of looking and dating some really nasty frogs I have finally found my soulmate! And I am just thrilled about that. Coopersmith with no hyphen is an option we are thinking about. It's werid to me that with how picky he is about first names he could care less about out last, though he did say Coopersmith was a bit long. I agree, but I also like that it's both of our names joined together, and I think it has a good ring to it. I have always wanted my children to have my last name. It's just a pet peeve of mine. I look at how everyone takes the father's last name, and ask, "Why does the mother and her family not matter?" So, maybe B. Lack of protest about using my name means I get my wish with no agreements. I also can't help thinking about the fact that he is my family already. And he is very close and cares about his family very much. The are no big conflicts there whereas in my family there is almost nothing going right. So, being Mrs.. B. Smith and joining his stress and trouble free family sounds wonderful. With his last name I would feel like I belong, and I like that.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 10:13am
Becki: Love the names you picked!

Gracie: I am happy you found a nice guy!! I am so sorry to hear about your upbringing...

I too wonder why most children don't go by the mother's last name...The time I saw it happen was when the child became estranged with the father and changed his/her last name to the mother's...I also wonder why there are juniors named after their dads but no girl juniors named after their moms?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 1:26pm
Rhys was our other ,boy name but DH isnt completely on board. Actually Beau was our other boy name until I was 9 months PG and DH said he hated it so we only had Maxim that we agreed on. Naming a boy if there is a boy next time will be very hard for us. I'm really gunning for Rhys though.

For girls, Bianca and Emma are still on the table from my first PG. Other names would be....Xavier, Xander, Raine, Rhett, Tatum, Yves, Etienne, Gaetan, Alexander for boys. For girls, Carys, Rachael, Audra, Miriam, Estelle, Simone, Harlow, Victoria. Our criteria is that it must be French/English bilingual and/or easy for Francophones and Anglophones to say....not an easy feat and as soon as DH says it with his French accent, I usually hate it. Many French boy names are very common in Ontario too (Luc, Marc, etc). DH usually hates my traditional French names like Etienne or Gaetan because he thinks Anglophones will have a hard time with them...ugh, its not easy in our house.

Photobucket

Pages