Sun, 07-31-2011 - 9:02pm

Below I copy my reply to Tiger from the thread

"Education is the discovery of our own ignorance." Will Durant

"Almost any manmade phenomenon i

Pages

iVillage Member

“However - and this is very significant I believe

Community Leader

I wholeheartedly share your opinion, Tiger - as you might expect!

You mention the Foreskin Support board for a change of name, but what about our Circumcision Debate board? After all, it was my reason for this thread. Do we just

iVillage Member

We may have reached a tipping point, where supporting parents is much more important. Families that raise healthy intact children are the best example and argument against circumcision.

Community Leader

I could not have put it better. We are entirely in accord.

The next step is firstly to put the concept to our CM, Jen, who will then be able to consult iVillage's powers that be. But I am disappointed not to have had further support from others. Without that, I fear we will be unsuccessful.

BabyCenter's set up is very different after its revamp. Anyone can establish a group of their own, singly or in partnership with a few others. They become Group Owners (GOs). But I had hoped for a change in iVillage, for this board and/or the Foreskin Support board.

Your thoughts, please...

Christopher

iVillage Member

I would ask people at

Community Leader

Further contributors to this thread are conspicuous by their absence. So it's just the two of us singing from the same song sheet.

I could ask visitors to QCRIB the question you suggested, but only via a PM to their Inbox (which all BabyCenter members have by default). To do so as a 'public' question within the context of a thread would be difficult and divisive. To dissemble is not something I practise! I am willing to try private messages and evaluate any responses.

But do you think the iVillage Foreskin Support forum would be conducive to a change of name? If its CL (Kristi) and CM are in agreement it would help enormously. I would be happy to PM the CL.

I am e-mail clickable but it seems you're not (we have that choice, of course). Would you mind e-mailing me so we can correspond together on this matter? That way we can, sadly,

iVillage Member
IIRC ivillage boards no longer show up in a google search. That alone would account for a drop in participation let alone the poorly worded board name. I think the board was named something else almost as bad, uncircumcised boys or along those lines. Naming boards and even folders is harder than you'd think. It took me two weeks to come up with "non-debatable chat" down below lol ;)
Photobucket

iVillage Member
I checked again, typing "circumcision debate" into google you have to go to page two to find this board. That's a lot of other links to get through to find this board. Just typing "circumcision" in I lost patience looking for an iVillage link.

(It's member names that aren't searchable with google, I was mistaken)
Photobucket

iVillage Member

You are right ,

iVillage Member

Pages