December Cycle

iVillage Member
December Cycle
Sat, 10-22-2011 - 5:17pm

Anyone else out there doing a cycle in December? We have 1 frozen embryo that we have decided to go ahead and try to transfer. It was frozen from the cycle which we received our DS from. He is currently 14 months old (will be 15 months on Monday). Our frozen anniversary date is 12/16 so if we use the embryo before then we don't have to pay for a whole year of freezing again. I am scheduled for a HSN on Friday 10/28 and will then begin Lupron. I began BCP last night. They are guessing that the FET will be the first week of December. Praying that this cycle works for us so we can have a Christmas BFP. We do have 2 fresh cycles left also that insurance will cover so we have back up. I've been dying to start the FET earlier, but I'm the matron of honor in my best friend's wedding in May and didn't want to be too pregnant. Wishing everyone else lots of luck!

Me: 29 (PCOS) DH: 32 (Poor Morphology & Low Count)

IVF #1 – December 2008 – BFN

IVF #2 – February 2009 – BFP but ends in early miscarriage

FET #1 – March/April 2009 – BFN

IVF #3 – December 2009 – BFP – Expect

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 9:32pm

I might be a December Cycle or a November depending on when I can start BCP. AF came at an abnormal time last month, not sure when she'll show this month.

Me, 28, no known issues. DH, 32, MF (issues in all categories) IVF/ICSI # 1 12/11 - 8 mature eggs retrieved, none fertilized Hoping to learn more at 12/29 RE appt. Still hoping, looking forward to putting 2011 behind us!
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 10:02pm
I may be in late November or December. I was suppose to start my Stim shots on Nov 3rd but my cycle was cancelled before it started because my blood pressure was a little higher when I was on BCP. I now have to get oked by another doctor before I can begin IVF. I forget the name of the department but they balance what is good for the mother and baby (something like that). I have that appt on Nov 21st which kinds stinks. I was hoping I could get in earlier but I got the first available appt. I am hoping to get the all clear so we can proceed again. I think I will stay on BCP so when I get the green light then I wouldn't have to waste another 3 weeks. I am currently taking the active BCP but I wonder if I should force AF and then start back on active BCP until I start the Stim process.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 8:44am

Sorry to hear that it's tough when you're already set with a plan, but then aren't we all used to being flexible in this journey to conceive!! It might be a good idea to go through a regular cycle of BCP, that way your BP won't react again if you go off and then back on.

Me, 28, no known issues. DH, 32, MF (issues in all categories) IVF/ICSI # 1 12/11 - 8 mature eggs retrieved, none fertilized Hoping to learn more at 12/29 RE appt. Still hoping, looking forward to putting 2011 behind us!
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-31-2011 - 1:04pm

I'm in for December...despite my BFP in August!! I started BCP 3 days ago..and "tentatively" beginning Lupron Injections on November 16th. We are using DE this time..I don't trust my crusty old eggs anymore....after getting 17 eggs at ET in August...and only TWO made it to transfer and the rest "arrested"..... I'm not gambling with THAT amount of money again (although..it is STILL a gamble).

Both of our Previous IVF's resulted in BFP's....so let's hope that our luck HASNT run out!!

The ER from the Donor looikms like it will be around December 13-15th...and ET will be 18th-20th. Woot-Woot! Fingers are crossed ALREADY for all of us!

Lindsay

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 4:04am
I'm new to this board, but hopefully I will be starting cycle in December. I speak to Dr tomorrow to arrange everything. I'm looking forward to this board and the support it offers.
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 12:20pm

This board has been awesome and I welcome you to it. Let us know how your appt goes. I should be starting in December too. :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 6:30pm

m starting my Loopy-Lupron 2morrow..... 2 shots a day for the first week....1 shot per day starting next week...... Woo-Hoo. More shots. LOL

This will be the first cycle of our 3..that I haven't used the Progesterone suppositories...... I'm STUCK (literally...) with the PIA...PIO shots. I REALLY hope my DH can manage this...he isn't exactly Medically skilled..unless it includes a band-aid. LOL

Looks like my ET will be between 12/14 and 12/17..... and Beta scheduled already for the week after X-mas.

Lordy-Lordy..let this work again for us!

Lindsay

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-15-2011 - 8:40am

On BCP right now and start Lupron this Friday!

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-15-2011 - 7:02pm

Happy-Happy..Joy-Joy. Apparently I AM one of the 10% of people who takes her lupron injection and within 10 minutes FEELS and acts like a strung out Heroin addict. I got Dizzy, almost feel over, MISSED a chair I tried to sit in..and all around felt numb and ILL. This should be fun...since I have to take it TWICE a day for the next week...and then once a day for two more weeks after THAT! I am going to have to time these injections for when my Baby is sleeping or NOT home.....because I CANNOT imagine Picking her up or making any major decisions after the injection.

Luckily...within an hour or s..I got my bearings back.

Oh yeah....I'm so sexy. LOL

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-18-2011 - 9:24pm
congrats and best of luck - crossing my fingers for you. XO!
first IVF failed, trying again...

Pages