Fantastic Friday

iVillage Member
Fantastic Friday
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 8:21am
Here's my wish that your weekend is a GREAT one for each and every one of you. Please take a few moments of your time to look through the new boards, and get to know them. In many ways they are actually nicer to work in. Especially that you can edit your own message even after you've submitted it to the board.

Now....What's your big meal for the weekend?

Do you have any weekend company scheduled?

How often does your husband cook for you?

Have you gotten your grill out for the year yet?

Is there room being made in your pantry for the late spring produce to be canned or made into jams and jellies?

Mitch

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 8:26am
Now....What's your big meal for the weekend? BBQ'd whole chicken with corn and baked potatoes.

Do you have any weekend company scheduled? Not yet, but around this house, one never knows...LOL

How often does your husband cook for you? Well, since I'm the husband here, I cook at least 4 days a week....unless my body is out of it. I love to cook and can.

Have you gotten your grill out for the year yet? Shucks, I didn't put the gas one away this year, and even had weather good enough to use the charcoal one for smoking the Christmas ham and turkey.

Is there room being made in your pantry for the late spring produce to be canned or made into jams and jellies? OH yes....I can hardly wait for strawberry/rhubarb jam....my fave! No rhubarb for kiddies and DW though...they don't like it that way.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 9:15am
....What's your big meal for the weekend? Hopefully, fresh fried catfish. We got a stocked pond in our property and if weather is nice this weekend, we're planning on going fishing!! raining, cloudy and cool as we speak.

Do you have any weekend company scheduled? Not really, but that could change in a moment..specially if we end up catching a lot of fish!!

How often does your husband cook for you? Never if I can help it! ROFL! He thinks everything should be cooked at high heat....so you can imagine!

Have you gotten your grill out for the year yet? Nope...haven't used ours and probably is not in good shape any more. So we're thinking on buying one this year. Probably gas.

Is there room being made in your pantry for the late spring produce to be canned or made into jams and jellies? Can you believe I have never made jellies, much less canned??? But, we are thinking of planting apple trees over here, which means apple butter!! Love that with toast!!

Letty

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 10:43am
Now....What's your big meal for the weekend?

Currently, I don't have a "big" meal planned...I'll probably just throw a roast and veggies in the oven and start the bread machine before church on Sunday.

As a matter of fact, YES! Believe me, that is a RARE event around here! Four of my relatives are going to be in the area, so we are going to have dinner Saturday at a winery on the Ohio River.

Bwahahaha!! That's a trick question, right? My husband has NEVER, EVER cooked a single meal for me in the 10+ years that we've been married! I do wish he would be responsible for a meal now and then to give me a break. I wouldn't mind if it were just sandwiches....Just once in a while, I'd like to keep doing something (even if it's folding laundry, cleaning the basement, or mowing the yard!) rather than having to stop and cook. (Make Ahead Meals has helped me with this tremendously!)

I use my grill year round (even in the snow), so never put my grill away. I do need to get a new regulator for it, though, because it's acting kind of funky lately.

Is there room being made in your pantry for the late spring produce to be canned or made into jams and jellies?

I'm the only one here who eats it, so I still have plenty of jam left from last year. So I probably won't be making any this year.

~ Joy

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 7:32pm
My 5 ---->

What's your big meal for the weekend?

Usually a steak and baked potato

No but family drops in occasionally

Well since I have NO husband I will say never

Nope - it's been rotting in the backyard for about 5 years now

No