Need help

iVillage Member
Need help
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 3:05pm
Hi, I'm new to this board. I love to cook and bake, I found a cake recipe that calls for

cream of coconut (coco lopez) and I am having trouble finding it, I have looked everywhere. Can anyone help me. I live in Michigan. THANKS
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 5:13pm
Hi Jeannie and Welcome to the Cook's Pantry! Below are several cream of coconut cake recipes - I hope one of them is the one you want!

Smiles,

Donna :-)

Cream of Coconut Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix

3 eggs

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1 cup cream of coconut

1 (8 ounce) container sour cream

8 ounces cream cheese

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 tablespoons milk

4 cups confectioners' sugar

2 tablespoons flaked coconut

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch pan.

2. Combine the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, cream of coconut and the sour cream and mix well for 4 minutes. Pour batter into the prepared pan.

3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cake cool then frost with cream cheese frosting and top with flaked coconut.

4. To Make Frosting: Combine the softened cream cheese, vanilla, milk and confectioners' sugar. Mix until smooth and spread over cooled cake. Top with flaked coconut.

=========================================================================================

Coconut Cream Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix

3 eggs

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1 cup water

1/2 teaspoon coconut extract

1 (14 ounce) can coconut cream

1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1 cup heavy whipping cream

1 tablespoon white sugar

1 cup flaked coconut

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.

2. In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, oil, water and coconut flavoring. Beat for 2 minutes and pour into 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.

3. In a medium bowl, combine coconut cream with sweetened condensed milk and stir until smooth. When cake comes out of the oven, poke holes into it in even rows using a large fork or chopsticks. Pour milk mixture over, allowing it to soak into the cake. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

4. In a large bowl, whisk cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue whipping until stiff. Spread over cooled cake. Sprinkle top with flaked coconut.