.·:*¨¨*:·. Wednesday Wine! .·:*¨¨*:·.5/7

iVillage Member
.·:*¨¨*:·. Wednesday Wine! .·:*¨¨*:·.5/7
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 8:05am
Happy Wine Day to all! We have come to that favorite day of the week when we discuss wine.

Dry wine, in the technical sense, contains virtually no residual sugar. All of the natural sugar in the grapes has been converted into alcohol through fermentation. Sweet wine is really fruitiness. Ripe wine grapes, when fermented, yield a wine that tastes of fruit (but curiously, not usually of grapes), and fruitiness powerfully suggests sweetness. This week why don't we post what type of wine we like "dry" or "sweet" and any wine recommendations you might have for the type of wine you like.

We're looking forward to your answers!

Smiles,

Donna :-)

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 2:10pm
OK - you asked for it, LOL! But I won't give away my entire list.

Sweet wine: Muscat - light orange flavor, great with desserts, very pricey, but worth it.

Dry wine (and I take it not champagne): white burgundy, goes with just about everything. I like it chilled. My favorite: Mouton Cadet.

And while we're at it: sake. A bit on the musty side, strong, serve body temp. Try to eat something, first, or you'll never be able to get up from the table. LOL!

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 2:52pm
LOL Alysia! I've never tried sake, but I'm sure-with your description, it would put me UNDER the table! Maybe I just need more "practice" at wine/alcohol consumption! Yeah, that's it! ;) I usually try not to even drink when in the company of others, or anyplace but home. Because even after just one glass of wine with a meal, I become incredibly sleepy! Any solutions for this?

Joy