Question Of The Week

iVillage Member
Question Of The Week
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 7:10am
Do you have picky eaters around your house that requires you to have to stock items in your pantry to keep their interest?

Mitch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mine are beginning to get that way. From vegetables to meat dishes even, causing us to have to stock up on more variety so that depending on the day, we can find something that they would be willing to eat or try new. For a while they even wouldn't eat hamburgers or hot dogs, but the vegetable varieties are getting real hard to keep up with their changing tastes.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 8:09am
There is just me and my dog Emmy and she certainly isn't a picky eater! LOL! But I remember when growing up, my parents did not adjust their menus to accomodate my sister or my particular tastes. What was put on your plate was what you ate. If you didn't like something, you had to take at least 3 bites of it. It wasn't a bad way to grow up and it didn't cause hardship on my mother trying to make sure we each got something we liked. It always worked out.

Smiles,

Donna :-)

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-14-2003 - 11:47am
The only picky eater at my house is my cat, Bubba

http://pages.ivillage.com/cekurs/

He will eat only (in order of preference) Max Cat Original, Iams Original or Friskies Gourmet Mix.

When my daughter was small she went through phases of being very picky. When she was five she decided she would only eat white food - white chicken, white bread, egg whites, peeled apples or pears, bananas, american cheese, pasta with no red sauce etc. - with a few exception - raw carrots, celery, peanut butter & french fries for example. She also decided that she hated potatoes and when I told her that french fries are potatoes she had a tantrum. Lucky for me this only lasted a few months & when her grandfather told her that broccoli was baby trees that he had cut down just for her, she began eating vegetables.

The boys on the other hand thought the table was simply a refueling station/pitstop, they would gobble everything as fast as possible and ask to go play.

And me, well I didn't get this chubby by being picky!

Elaine

Elaine