.·:*¨¨*:·. Wednesday Wine! .·:*¨¨*.5/21

iVillage Member
.·:*¨¨*:·. Wednesday Wine! .·:*¨¨*.5/21
Wed, 05-21-2003 - 8:13am
Happy Wine Day to all! I hope you are having a great week! How's the weather where you are? It should be around 104 here in the desert today. Good thing my swimming pool is all ready to be used! LOL!

Anyway, at many dinner parties a gracious host will serve wine. Not to get into what kind of wine to serve with what type of dinner (that's a huge topic in of itself!), do you know the basics of serving wine at a dinner party? If you don't drink wine, how about serving any type of drink?

I'm looking forward to your answers!

Smiles,

Donna :-)

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-21-2003 - 8:35am
This tea totler uses the cheap plastic jugs with spiggots on them, filled with cool-aid for the kiddies, and nice glass pitchers with one third ice and filled with teas for the adults. I make three tea types, one from just plain tea bags, one from my mint supply, and one from sasafrass roots for big get together's. There's a glass hordorves platter with lemon and lime slices on it, covered with plastic wrap for all who chose. Most of the time this takes up an entire table, but that's why I have two tables, and a roll about cart that I use when serving large crouds around my home. My DW though just gets her cola from the jug it comes in from the frig in one of those glasses that go into the freezer first...LOL....she's my coca cola-a-holic.

Mitch

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-23-2003 - 6:27am
Wine is poured from the right and the glass should be filled no more than halfway. Raise it to your mouth by the stem, not the bowl, to keep the hand from warming the contents. Remember, it doesn't matter if your glass is half empty or half full, for wine, halfway is right.

Julia Child: "Noodles are not only amusing but delicious."