Group Questions

iVillage Member
Group Questions
Wed, 06-04-2003 - 9:19pm
What kind of ingredients should everyone have in there kitchen?

Give me your Ideas..

Thanks

ws

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-05-2003 - 9:24am
Basic seasonings: Garlic, pepper, salt, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, nutmeg, ginger, crushed red pepper, chili powder, cumin, cinnamom, and some mixed herbs for steaks, chicken, and such.

Basic essentials: Flour, corn meal, cream of tartar, corn starch, corn syrup, sugar,(regular white, brown, and powdered), pancake mix, instant mashed potatoes, favorite cereals, cream of mushroom soup, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, honey, beans of a few varieties in dry form.

Of course, you are going to get cereals, milk, meats, eggs, tomatoe sauces, stewed tomatoes, tomatoe paste, canned or frozen vegetables, a few cheeses, and various types of noodle type products, puddings, jello products, barbecue sauce/s, steak sauce, and the like as well.

Gee I never realy gave a (pantry full) of thought to what is on hand in my kitchen for me to use alone or grouped together in so many years....thanks for reminding me of the wonders of the times as I discovered the many uses of the items I've listed above.

I'm sure there are others here as well that could add to such a list....things they have that they just couldn't see their pantry, refrigerator, or freezer without.

Mitch

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-06-2003 - 7:41am
Hi Ws and Welcome to the Cook's Pantry. CL-disvet gave you the best advice for pantry items. I have just about every spice there is in my pantry. It will never fail that some recipe I make needs a spice I don't have so I have all of them at least so far. LOL!

I hope we helped!

Smiles,

Donna :-)