Question Of The Week: Pasta

iVillage Member
Question Of The Week: Pasta
Mon, 06-09-2003 - 8:59am
How many types of pasta products do you have in your pantry?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have 7 different types, that go along with three types of tomatoe sauce, tomatoe's, paste, soups, and cheese sauces.

Mitch

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2003 - 9:21am
ROFL - I never counted! We always have a large assortment of pasta around here, too, including some that just look too strange for words, LOL! I have some rather odd-looking multi-colored pastel lamb's ear looking things that I ended up using in craft projects because they come out a bit too soft when cooked. And I have a pair of big glass jars shaped a bit like garlic cloves to hold multi-colored pasta on my counter. They look cool!

My pantry is stuffed with Italian and Asian noodles, from thin spaghetti to rice noodles and soba. I really love colorful small macaroni or rotini and tri-color orzo. I also have a pasta machine, so I make pasta, now and then, too.

If you asked how many varieties of rice I have, that would be easier, LOL! 3 - jasmine basmati, sushi and Japanese.

Alysia ;-)

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2003 - 3:21pm
Well let's see, I have 2 types of pasta - thin spaghetti and no yolk noodles. I don't make many pasta dishes as you can see - LOL!

Smiles,

Donna :-)

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2003 - 5:57pm
Well, I don't want to go look but I can name

bow ties

angel hair

spaghetti

rontini

spirals

elbows

shells

ditilini

penne

cous cous

I like to make up my sauces as I go to go with whatever pasta I am using. I love pasta!

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-10-2003 - 10:28am
Dh is not a pasta lover, but dd and I are, so, without going to my pantry to check, this is what I remember I got:

spaghetti

angel hair

elbow macaroni

lasagna noodles

rigatoni (the large ones for stuffing)

And then I got an assortment of Mexican pastas for making soups: mini-elbow, melon seeds, stars, and the abc's!!

Love soups!

Letty