** Wednesday Wine-Tasting **

iVillage Member
** Wednesday Wine-Tasting **
Wed, 06-25-2003 - 7:41am
Welcome to .·:*¨¨*:·. Wednesday Wine! .·:*¨¨*:·.

This week let's talk about wine tasting:

Most vineyards have tasting rooms so visitors can sample their wines after a tour of the grounds. One important thing to remember about participating in a tasting at a vineyard is that the main function of providing a tasting room to visitors is to sell wine.

Many vineyards will also offer private wine tasting parties or dinners and are available for events such as weddings, birthdays and other special occasions.

Have you ever been to a wine-tasting venue – whether is has been at a vineyard or a wine tasting party/dinner at someone’s home or restaurant? If so tell us a bit about it. What did you think? If you haven't, would you like to go to a wine-tasting?

Smiles,

Donna :-)

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 10:25am
I guess you could say that I went to one very informal wine tasting event....back in my teen years. My mother was told to drink a certain amount of red wine a day to help with blood count. She called a few places, and finally got in touch with a vinyard she worked for herself as a teenager, and with some agrement between her and the original owner's son, he came to our house with 3 of their "very best" selections for a day of hunting on our property...(about a 2 hour drive from the vinyard area of that state).

After my mother finally figured out one she could handle, she had each of us children take a taste.....not so sure we did it right, but the results for me? YUK...

I like a cooking wine...whatever is available at the local grocery store for adding flavor to some meats....otherwise, I'll leave the drinking of those wonderful items to those who know how to appreciate the fine art of wine tasting and enjoying.

I don't know why it is that alcohol taste of any kind just seems so nasty to my tongue, but it does. (reminds me of the small amount of gasoline one would get in their mouth when siphoning from the truck into a jug to put into the tractor in the middle of a field where it seemed inevitable, that tractor would run out of fuel...LOL)

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-28-2003 - 6:36pm
I haven't been to any wine tasting events but I have always had it in the back of my mind. Arizona has some good vineyards and of course Sonoma would be ideal. I hear that there is a train that runs from vineyard to vineyard in Somona for wine-tasters. I think that sounds fun and of course no driving.

Smiles,

Donna :-)