Question Of The Week

iVillage Member
Question Of The Week
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 9:07am
With summer in full swing in the Northern Hemisphere, what items are different in your pantry than during the fall/winter/spring, or school year?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because of having two children still at home, and out of school, there are more cereals and snack cake type products for them during their summer break. Some days it seems that they can eat from the time they get up until bed time....and beyond if they can push it lol.

Mitch

Community Leader
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 2:07am
I buy lots of root beer for floats. I normally never drink sodas so I don't have them around except during the summer. Let's see....nothing else is much different I think.

:-)

Linda T.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2003 - 3:37pm
I stock up on things that can be served without cooking for hot days when I don't want to turn on the stove. I've got extra tuna, cans of chickpeas and other beans, things that can be added to salads, and some packs of ramen noodles which I cook in my own home made broth from the freezer rather than using the too salty flavor packet. Add some frozen chopped onion, pepper and a few peas, & maybe a little chicken or other meat, and you have a fast (cheap!)meal.

I've been taking inventory of all my spices and herbs and can't believe how many I have. There are six different kinds of chile powder! I can't remember when, or why, I bought a tin of asafoetida - must have been on an Indian food kick - the price tag on it is .69, so no big investment there.

Stay cool!

Elaine

Elaine

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-13-2003 - 10:45am
I'm boring - my pantry doesn't change throughout the seasons. But I keep more fat-free ice cream bars in the freezer during the summer - LOL!

Smiles,

Donna :-)

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-13-2003 - 6:52pm
In the summer, I keep more bottled marinades and BBQ sauces of all different varieties in my pantry.

~ Joy

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2003 - 6:44am
I keep more Kool Aid for my 5 yr old and our god kids.I also keep more snack cakes etc.We often have our God Kids during the break.I'm Renee.SAHM to Nigel Aabesh 5 1/2.Soon to be Mom to Lillie Ching Li 9.

Renee

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2003 - 7:47am
Hi Renee and Welcome to the Cook's Pantry! Now that I think about it, I keep a lot more Crystal Light in my pantry during the summer. I like drinking that more than soda pop.

Thanks for joining us!

Smiles,

Donna :-)