My pantry is all cleaned up...

iVillage Member
My pantry is all cleaned up...
Fri, 07-25-2003 - 4:35pm
by my miracle worker house cleaner! Since I've been unable to do any heavy work this past year, not even pushing a vacuum, I hired a cleaner. Three big strong women show up every other week and it's like the A-team has landed. They clean the whole apartment and then do one other project for me in just one hour. This week it was the pantry. They took everything out, cleaned the shelves and put everything back and organized it so things are easier to find.

I'm spending all my "mad money" on these gals, but it sure is worth it!

Elaine, who's now poor, but happy!

Elaine

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-26-2003 - 2:55am
And they say that money can't buy happiness! Good for you that you have such a service and know that their work is worth what you spend on it though. I sure hope though that you get to feeling better though soon.

(((hugs))), prayers, and positive thoughts for a healthy cekurs

Mitch

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-26-2003 - 5:09pm
Thanks Mitch, for the positive thoughts! It's been one heck of a year for me with health problems. I've had so many tests and tried so many treatments I feel like a science project!

Elaine

Elaine

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-28-2003 - 11:23am
Yay for Elaine! I know that must be such a nice feeling to have a tidy pantry. Sorry for your health problems - that's no fun!

Smiles,

Donna :-)

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-30-2003 - 10:42am
Congratulations!

I just spent the past couple of weeks doing exactly the same, but I didn't have help, LOL! I even put several bay leaves and a cotton pad soaked in eucalyptus oil in a recycled spice jar with a shaker top inside the pantry to ward off the pesky pantry pests. Although I had scrubbed down the shelves with a mixture of castile soap, borax, eucalytus oil and peppermint tea, the little buggies leave eggs in things that hatch, a couple of weeks later. So, I had to do it again, after throwing out more stuff.

For years, I've been slowly transferring boxed goods to rectangular airtight containers (getting rid of the rounded ones) that fit better in the cabinets. More space efficient. I have pasta, rice, beans, nuts and popcorn in Ball jars on the exposed wire shelving and it looks so cool with my hanging gadgets and tools. I'd love to build a true closet in the utility room; just don't have a real handy person to help.

Oh well...

It's great you're getting help around the house and conserving your energy for more fun things in life! It's well worth spending a little mad money to save your health.

Hugs,

Alysia :-)