Question Of The Week: shapes

iVillage Member
Question Of The Week: shapes
Tue, 08-05-2003 - 10:30am
Do you organize your pantry using shaped containers for specific items, or do you just store stuff in what they were purchased in?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All my canned goods get stored in the case boxes they come in, thus cans don't get to falling over, and all my dry goods get stored in square or rectangular containers that are air tight as well as to keep those items from falling over. This makes cereals easier for the children to take care of for themselves as well.

Mitch

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-05-2003 - 4:05pm
Mostly I store things in the boxes they came in since I don't buy large quantities of cereal, pasta, crackers and the like. I don't have that many canned goods so I just stack them in some plastic bins on the shelves so they don't topple. The exception is things that come in bags like flour & sugar - they go in big glass jars with flat sides and screw tops. I buy 5 lb cloth sacks of basmati rice at the Indian grocery, and that goes into a heavy duty zipper freezer bag and I store it in a drawer with my spices and baking supplies.

Elaine

Elaine

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-07-2003 - 12:09am
Hi Mitch!

I bake a lot, and have a few different flours, and specific plastic containers for them in my pantry. They are different sizes and shapes. Some are square, and some are round.

My canned goods are in a lazy susan cabinet and I can see just what I have there. Some are doubled up right now, but will be used in the next few days. Even though I don't have a family to feed anymore, I still cook the same and I freeze for another day.

Viv :)