Finally Friday!

iVillage Member
Finally Friday!
Fri, 08-08-2003 - 11:32am
This has been one more crazy week for me, but I'm going to be able to relax a bit tomorrow, taking my boy fishing....we will be taking some corn from the pantry to feed, and hopefully catch some catfish with.....Here goes hoping that we get some bites for my son, and maybe some catfish to go with some corn again for dinner.

I hope your weekend is great for you!

Mitch

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-09-2003 - 4:16pm
Hey Mitch! Fishing sounds like a good idea. Too darn hot here though. My Dad loves fishing but hates to eat it LOL! He will clean the catfish, fillet it into chunks and freeze it for me. I really love the crappie though, good eating. DH marinates it in Italian dressing the bakes it, tops it with Monterey Jack cheese and Durkee onion rings, yum yum. How long will fish keep frozen? I think I have some that is too old.

Going to make some lemon basil pesto tonight for pasta and grilled chicken breasts. My basil is doing great even in this heat. I like to freeze the pesto and any leftover basil in ice cube trays then pop them into freezer bags.

Hope you are having a great weekend ~Cheryl~

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-11-2003 - 7:42am
My son caught two nice bass in two hours, along with two more to shore before they got off and a few bites that he couldn't hook. He had a great time, and "can't wait to go fishing again".

Keeping fish in the freezer: I won't eat any past about 3 months, but I would immagine that since it's a meat item, up to a year would be still OK.

Good thing I went back to the vehicle at the fishing area though, catching a phone call just in time to rush my boy into the vehicle, and get to the hospital for my eldest Dsd. She's having a lot of "female" problems going on right now, and could use some prayers.

Mitch