Question Of The Week: Colors

iVillage Member
Question Of The Week: Colors
Mon, 08-25-2003 - 8:38am
An interesting thing has been happening lately here at home....My DW decided to purchase storage containers with different colored lids to put onto different shelves. She isn't completed with the task yet, but each shelf will have a different colored top of the clear plastic container on it....do you do such in your pantry?

Mitch

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-25-2003 - 11:11am
Color-coordinated shelves? How cool!

Well, I'm more anal about things. I've been getting swapping square and rectangular storage containers for the round ones in the pantry, and they can only be certain colors, even certain lines of particular manufacturers. My lids are all blue or beige (depending upon the manufacturer). Eventually, they'll all be exactly the same manufacturer, LOL!

Whenever I get this darned inefficient cabinet replaced with my dream pantry unit, I'll even have the shelves designated for specific groups of items. Right now, they're more or less done that way, but a few things wander to wherever there happens to be a wee bit of space.

I drive my DD nuts with all my obsessive compulsive behaviors, LOL!

Alysia ;-)

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-26-2003 - 5:55am
I've used color coded filing systems at work, but every time I've tried something like this at home it flops. There are always things I need to put on the shelf that require a larger or smaller container. Also, I've got such a variety of things like different flours and sugars I'd need a whole raft of jars.

So I continue to use my pantry shelves for cans, jars and boxes and my big drawers for all the other stuff, usually in the plastic bags I bought them in.

I do keep glass canisters with screw top lids of unbleached flour and sugar for everyday use, handy near my work area.

Elaine

Elaine