Question Of The Week:

iVillage Member
Question Of The Week:
Mon, 09-22-2003 - 8:51am
What is the "HOTTEST" item you've ever mistakenly either purchased, or served to others, creating quite a run for the liquid refreshments?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mine would have to be a batch of jerky....My two sons like it so hot that most people shy away from it...sure enough, that was the batch I pulled out for a family gathering....many miles from home, so no way to correct this mistake easily either. Those poor old folks, removing their false teeth, and downing everything from water to soda pop, some even attempted beer...not realy a good idea over pepper heated meat as a fire stopper in one's mouth. OH well, I've had to endure their mistakes over the years, it was their turn to suffer through mine one time...LOL....it was a family reunion.

Mitch

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2003 - 1:47pm
I can't say I ever bought anything like that by accident, but my friend Bill once helped himself a heaping scoop of wasabi at a buffet, thinking it was guacamole! Boy did his face get red and it got pretty noisy too! He claims it not only cleared his sinuses, but melted the wax in his ears!

Elaine

Elaine

Community Leader
Mon, 09-22-2003 - 11:04pm
Absolutely! Once in college, I had a bad cold. My best bud wanted chili, and I had a car a kitchen, 2 things she was short on. She did not know how to boil water, we were a good pair. I made chili by nose, as I still do; far be it from me to ever measure anything. But I was inexperienced then, and it did not dawn on me that the lack of "nose" I was getting from the chili was due to my cold. So I kept heaping in the cayenne and chili powder.

When we sat down to eat, that stuff was nuclear. Sahnnon loved hot foods, but she dived for a loaf of bread and some butter! She would have a bite of chili, followed by a bite of bread...her face was ruddy, her eyes watering, her nose running, and she was saying, "this is so good...oh, wow..." A half a loaf of bread later, Shannon had finished her chili, and it was a running joke for years...don't let K-roni cook with a cold!

Cleared me right up though...

k-roni

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-24-2003 - 7:58pm

I don't think I have ever accidentally made something too hot, love hot.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-25-2003 - 8:23am

It seems you and one of my brother's would get along just fine with the heat....if it doesn't make his face red, sweat pour from his forehead....he'll make it hotter.