Q.O.T.W.: Turkey and ham leftovers

iVillage Member
Q.O.T.W.: Turkey and ham leftovers
Mon, 12-01-2003 - 8:20am

What kind of creative recipes do you make with left over turkey and ham?

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-01-2003 - 12:15pm

My turkey will officially be used up by lunchtime today.

Friday's lunch: the kids and I had turkey, bacon and cheddar cheese on leftover biscuits

Sun. dinner: Turkey pot pie

Today's lunch: DS and I will have turkey salad on wheat bread

As for ham, it'd depend on whether or not it was glazed (I usually glaze mine with a pineapple/brown sugar/OJ concoction).

Keep on flappin'!
~Jeanne~

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-01-2003 - 12:43pm
My favorite leftover ham meal is colcannon or the oh-so-British Bubble & Squeak.

Elaine

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-01-2003 - 7:00pm
dh loves dumplings, so i make the turkey and dumplings soup also. i'll be making up some turkey enchiladas in the next day or two, and he's been having turkey sandwiches for lunch.

i'm the one who cooked a 28 lb turkey for just the two of us some years back and froze a ton of turkey in little packets. i roasted that bird filled with stuffing. there was enough dressing that year for sure. dh doesnt like stuffing.

now as for ham... i grew up on scalloped potatoes. that's sliced spuds, onions if desired, cream soup, and ham. celery optional. that didn't go over too well with dh, so i mostly warm slices and serve them with pancakes for breakfast or add little pieces of ham to omelettes or scrambled eggs with cheese. We eat macaroni salad year-round. Ham is good in it.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-01-2003 - 7:42pm
Lots of sandwiches and we do love turkey tetrazzini!

~Cheryl~