Halloween ideas.........

iVillage Member
Halloween ideas.........
Wed, 10-27-2004 - 8:21pm

Have any fun Halloween recipes?

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-12-2004 - 12:00am
You can make a gingerbread haunted house, complete with graveyard lawn! Let your imagination go crazy.

Graveyard cake...this started as a mistake that I had to save in a HURRY. Make a 9x13 cake in your stickiest pan, according to directions. When you go to take it out of the pan, parts of the cake will stick and the cake will break. Whatever comes out? Crumble up and mix with crushed oreos, set aside. Frost the cake in the pan, as is, lumps and all, this becomes a random landscape of sorts. When the cake is frosted, add all but a cup or so of the crumbles and oreo mixture to the top, rather evenly for dirt. Decorate as a graveyard, again, use your imagination. Kitkats broken into individual pieces make great fences, and half hershey bars with corners randomly broken off make nice headstones, you can put RIP etc on them with white cake deco gel. Gummy worms etc are awesome on top. You can maybe make a fatty skeleton with white Mike and Ikes (bones) and a lg marshmellow (skull). That last bit of oreo/cake mixture needs to be strategically piled up somewhere to look like a freshly dug grave...spooky! Shredded coconut can be dyed with food color to look like dead grass. Strawberry jam or really strong jello looks like blood.

You can also make little ghosts out of suckers. Start with whatever spherical suckers. Dum dums are a little small, blowpops and tootsie pops are perfect. Center a kleenex over the top of the sucker and then twist around the stick just under the candy, you can secure these with dental floss or tape if you like. Then floof out the ends to look ghosty. And use a sharpie to add eyes and a moaning mouth. You can stick these in a cake or in the pumpkin muffins you make for halloween morning. Or you can rig up a mobile with fishing line and hang high in a doorway.

I just realized halloween is over. Oh well. File away for next year!

----------------------End of post, beginning of signature-------------------- Struggle will be inevitable,
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-12-2004 - 8:03pm
Yes I will file these away for next year.