Why oven fries?

iVillage Member
Why oven fries?
Tue, 02-23-2010 - 11:37pm

This was a headline article on Yahoo today, from Men's Health: The Worst French Fries in America.

hunk 'o, hunk 'o burnin' heartburn!

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-24-2010 - 9:10am
I have never been able to make crispy oven fries. I hate the mushy stuff. Also, I cant get good flavor. Ive tried them a few times, and have since given up. Im sure im doing sooo many things wrong though. I would love to go to cooking classes.

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-24-2010 - 5:21pm

I would like a good recipe for oven fries to.

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-24-2010 - 10:28pm

That is the FIRST "thumbs up" I have gotten on the Vienna Sausages!

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-24-2010 - 10:49pm

I had the same problem with mushy stuff.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-25-2010 - 2:51pm

I saw that on the news last night about the hot dogs, but I didn't know it was with candies and other foods also.

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-25-2010 - 11:09pm
That was our consensus in discussing that choking thing..."Don't you watch your kid???"

Community Leader
Sat, 02-27-2010 - 3:28pm

I get a lot of memories on this board......

A younger friend of mine was didn't eat meat......so she wouldn't let her kids eat it either...and I don't know why but her kids constantly had snotty noses....not the little bit but the kind that would keep them from breathing right. I was always after her oldest one with the kleenex. One day several of us were around the table having coffee. The hostess had Christmas candy the there were barrels and ribbon candy. Well this little kid got one of the barrel candies and he put that big thing in his mouth... then he really couldn't breath...I told her he shouldn't have it and she shot me a look........Well I told her again that the kids was in trouble and she told me to mind my own business....about that time I picked up that kid and turned him over tilting him down and rapped him on the back......that big candy went rolling across the floor the kid was gasping......I told her he couldn't breath... She was not happy with me I guess because it made her look bad.....the other women were shocked that I got chewed out and they tried to stand up for me...but it didn't work.......She eventually forgave me......but I had the last laugh.

Sever years later I was cooking at the local bar and grill....this kid come in (all grown up) and ordered 4 cheeseburgers with everything...and 2 french fries...I said are you having a party? He said no this was his supper he just got off work......lol.....not only eating meat but he had filled out and didn't look so sickly...lol

I had to watch my kids with the chicken legs because they would eat the bone if I would have let them they loved chicken.....