Interview your kids for me!

iVillage Member
Interview your kids for me!
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 9:03pm

As a minor league granny, with a few of the tots old enough to go places with me now, I am wondering...

What is hot with the kids now???

My kids were sorta-kinda happy about McD Happy Meals, but frankly no more thrilled than with any other place.

hunk 'o, hunk 'o burnin' heartburn!

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 2:11pm
Well, my son can't yet, lol. But when I was younger my favorite places to go were Red Robin and Mongolian BBQ. I like Red Robin because of the Rookie Magic's mostly, since it is a gourmet burger joint and I don't eat beef. If they made the hamburgers out of ground elk or deer, it would be a different story. I don't know why I like Mongolian BBQ, but my parent's liked taking me there after I went vegetarian because I would actually get a fully balanced meal (and leftovers, lol).

Powered by CGISpy.com

Photobucket
Community Leader
Thu, 03-04-2010 - 3:33pm

With my kids they would have been game just because we wern't eating at home...we couldn't afford to take them out.......so they were not a problem..

But with my grands...I find that they have eaten out so much that be it MickyDs or a sit down place they mess more than they eat anyway......my kids seem to think that is fine......I don't so if they want to eat with me we stay home...it is the waste that rubs me the wrong way......

My kids got a pop(soda) so few times that when they did they would do everthing but lick out the can....My grands waste more pop that my kids ever even had.

So I am the grandma that lets the kids take the grands out and I will sit with them and teach them how to play cards....or other games at home....

I was a mean mother too......lol

Nstr irish 2010
Retired and lovin'it.
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-04-2010 - 5:15pm

She likes Burger King for breakfast because they
have French Toast Sticks. For years she liked
the places with indoor playgrounds, and she's
still partial to Carl's Jr.

For dinner she likes Kentucky Fried Chicken or
a Chinese or Mexican restaurant. And that pretty
much also sums up what we have available locally.

font-size: 14pt;">Susan

Photobucket
Photobucket

dietbudspowinners.gif

PhotobucketlifeispainPhotobucket

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

font-size: 12pt;">
organic tag created by Erin
(Wickedcupofjoe)
PhotobucketPhotobucketinvisible-yellow-cap

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-04-2010 - 8:29pm

You crack me up!

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-05-2010 - 7:10am

My DS(7) like McD'..he saiys b3ecasue he likes the Big macs...I always took him there in Kindergarten after school on the fridays that I volunteered..it was "our thing"..this was abt 2 x a mth.

Valentine Bingo               

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-05-2010 - 8:53am
Dylan likes mcd's, and he knows the diff between that place and the other ones. We dont eat out a lot, so really he is happy to eat anywhere! But that said he seems to enjoy the hamburger and fries best from mcds. We rarely buy him a happy meal though. Its cheaper to just buy a hamburger and a small fry. He could care less as long as he has the food! They toys are just so cheap.

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-06-2010 - 5:26pm

I'm just beginning to offer to take them out places; so I want to have that "cool granny" groove on!

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-06-2010 - 5:29pm

One rare occasions in the past, those McD toys have become valuable.

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-07-2010 - 10:07pm
Olive Garden....I never order anything there, because I can't quit eating the salad.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 1:27pm
I agree with the post about bringing your own entertainment.

Pages