Do you diet?

iVillage Member
Do you diet?
Tue, 03-23-2010 - 9:17pm

My SIL has been on one diet or another for the entire 21 years that I have known her.

hunk 'o, hunk 'o burnin' heartburn!

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_k_roni
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 8:47am
LOL, yeah that sounds wrong, just wrong! If you Google "crazy diets" or "wierd diets" you'd be shocked to see whats out there. Dh is doing the slim fast diet. The whole "shake in the morning, shake for lunch, then healthy dinner" thing. He has done well so far. The wieght is slowly coming off. Maybe 1 or 2 pounds a week, so he's doing it carefully. I too could use a diet, but my diet would be portion control. That is my big problem. I tend to eat too much at each meal.

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_k_roni
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 11:56am
I have never dieted and if I was ever to say I was going on a diet, I have ohhh, probably 15 to 20 people who would sit on me and force me to eat :) That being said, I have watched my parents and one of my aunts struggle with their weight my entire life (24 years tomorrow) and have figured out through them that starvation diets DO NOT work. You lose a few, then gain it all back. One of the reasons is because when you don't eat enough calories you body goes into a mode where is SAVES all fat it can from what you are eating, and uses your muscles for energy. So if you eat the number of calories needed for your metabolism and energy level (ie, you walk every morning, garden, whatever), then you can lose the extra fat. Most people only need 1,200 - 2,000 calories a day, depending.