Remember Dream Pie

iVillage Member
Remember Dream Pie
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 8:58pm
Is anybody on the board besides me old enough to remember having something called Dream Pie for Dessert?Does anyone still make this and if so would you share the recipe? Im not sure but I think it used something called Dream whip...maybe it changed its name to cool whip????????I guess then it would have become cool pie!!!I will be asking about Fondue next I suppose.No Fondue was a 70s thing Dream Pie was 60s

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 8:49pm

Dream Whip is a powdered whipped cream alternative that is still sold, and the recipe for the Incredible Dream Whip Pie is probably still on the box!

hunk 'o, hunk 'o burnin' heartburn!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 9:33pm
Wooooooooooo Hooooooooooo now I just have to find some1 who still sells dream whip! I dont know why but I have been thinking about retro foods lately......It all started when I went to this place called Simply Fondue.I was kinda bummed out because I didnt see one single thing in Avacado green....but the fondue was pretty good.Now if only my skybars and my fizzies would show up in the mail.Thanks for the recipe and the info.God bless you and all who post here.Wuzzy

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 9:49pm

At your grocery, look in the baking goods isle and if Dream Whip is not there, look where the powdered milks are.

hunk 'o, hunk 'o burnin' heartburn!