Newsflash...Teen Boy Eats Stuffed Pepper

iVillage Member
Newsflash...Teen Boy Eats Stuffed Pepper
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 12:04am

My BF called tonight during yet another vicious thunderstorm, to tell me that his power

hunk 'o, hunk 'o burnin' heartburn!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 6:15pm
Not truly a mystery, and not really surprising either, but Quinn generally hates bland baby food. He loves it when I add herbs and spices to his food. Which I am loving, because hopefully I can keep him away from "having" to have lots of salt on his food. He is of course eating more and more table foods, and is continuing his preference for seasoned foods. Speaking of, I should try putting something on his sweet potato next meal time, he often prefers dropping that over the side of his highchair rather than eat it.
Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-31-2010 - 2:41am
That is a great plan!

hunk 'o, hunk 'o burnin' heartburn!

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-31-2010 - 11:35am

I know, I love a menagerie of tastes and textures on my plate. DH on the other hand, has some serious texture issues, everything has to be EXACTLY the way it was when it was prepared as he was growing up. He is very unwilling to try new things and will not eat most veggies or any fruits at all.

I have been learning from what I've been reading about feeding babies is that we create a lot of our own problems in our habits at this age. So I am trying to break those habits in myself and not create them in my son at the same time. I have already broken one really bad habit, I do not add any salt to anything while it is cooking. With one exception, homemade mac&cheese has to have a little salt added, like a 1/4 teaspoon or it comes out of the oven blander than all get out. I started this over a year ago, when my dad was diagnosed with high blood pressure and congestive heart failure.

My mom had a rule when we were kids, if we said we didn't like something (especially when we had never had it before), we had to take as many bites of it as we were years old, and they had to be decent sized bites too.

Well, I need to go make some b-fast, and I think I'm gonna make some french toast :)

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket