A very fun desert idea, DIRT to eat

iVillage Member
A very fun desert idea, DIRT to eat
Wed, 06-04-2003 - 6:01pm
WARNING: The use of this recipe on certain occasions may make some people physically upset to their stomach.....It did happen one time when I made it for a public gathering.

DIRT:

(1) One gallon plastic plant pot

(Several) fake flowers with plastic stems.

Wash both the pot and flower stems well with dish detergent, wrinse, and set to dry.

3 pounds of cream filled chocolate cookies, (oreo type)

(2) 3.9 Oz. packets of instant chocolate pudding

(16) Oz. Whipped topping

(1) packet gummy worms...(optional)

Crush the three pounds of cookies to a fine powder, or run through a food processor, then refrigerate while making the pudding as per package directions, and while still having the mixer out, combine the whipped topping into the pudding. Set aside in the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes. This will give you time to place a piece of plastic wrap over the holes and about one inch up each side of the one gallon plastic planter.

Layer the cookies/pudding mix, then a few gummy worms, followed again by more cookies. You should make sure to hold enough cookie crumbs to cover the entire top, then refrigerate for two to four hours. When ready to take for serving, place in the fake flowers, and set as a centerpiece on a table.

This recipe will serve up to 20 people....(10) if there are a lot of children, or children at heart adults who aren't weight concious...LOL

One thing about the warning....when someone scoops out some of this recipe, and a worm just happens to show up falling from the serving spoon,,,,,weak stomached people may have to leave the room. This truely does look like dirt, and that worm will look so real....but isn't that half the fun of such at a picnic or public gathering???

Mitch

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-08-2003 - 10:23am
Great idea for a kid's birthday party! I'm definitely keeping this one in mind when my nephew's birthday rolls around in August!

Thanks Mitch!

Donna :-)