Find a Conversation
|Tue, 08-10-2004 - 2:38am|
This is for all of you "eggplant parmesan" people! And especially for those of you with an abundance of garden fresh zucchini to use up, like myself! This is delicious! I like it even better than eggplant parm now and I didn't think that were possible! And even my husband who does not like eggplant loved this! ? Jul 23, 2004
2 medium zucchini, peeled and sliced
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
3-4 cups of your favorite marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Dip zucchini slices in egg and then coat with breadcrumb mixture and bake on cookie sheets drizzled with olive oil until golden brown, approximately 10 minutes on each side.
3. Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9x9 inch baking dish.
4. Put one layer of"breaded" zucchini slices on top and coat with more sauce and a generous sprinkling of both cheeses.
5. Repeat this procedure to use up all the zucchini.
6. Cover with tin foil and bake approximately 30 minutes or until top layer of cheese is melted at 375 degrees.