Grand opening roll call!

iVillage Member
Grand opening roll call!
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 1:48pm
Please give us your name, location and one thing that you like about the new boards!
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 4:22pm
It was great Karen! What y'all have is the Canadian version, I think, but here's who was on this one: http://www.starsonice.com/cast/default.asp

It was just awesome and I'm about to order tickets for next years. Our seats were unbelievable!, probably 6 feet from the ice. Next time, I'm getting rinkside, hopefully! I'll upload my pics soon and let you know how those turned out. My crush (John Zimmerman) was looking soooo cute, as usual. It was just unbelievable!

Talk to ya soon!

Jo

Jo, Community Leader for
Childfree by Choice on Health http://

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 6:29pm
I've been wondering where you were. I was hoping that you hadn't gotten lost in the shuffle.

It definately is different, isn't it. I'm getting pretty used to it by now. I'm hoping that it will be easier to find recipes - if we put recipe titles at the start of every post we'll be able to search for them! Fun, eh?

Karen

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 11:29pm
Roxie from Oregon so far so good!

I am "Roxie" a 47 YO SAHM but likes to think I am young at heart in may ways and wise in many ways. I consider myself a lively conversationalist who likes to tell it like it is. Love that Dr. Phil guy! LOL

I have been a SAHM since I was 5 mos p/g w/ my ds. B/f that I was a bartender/server most of my life. Don't miss it at all! I love being a SAHM!

I have a 5 YO ds Dylan (4-4-98) who attends Ready for Kindergarten preschool and a 44 yo dh Bill (married since Sept 6th 1996).

I married late in life at 40 yo (neither of us were ever married b/f) and moved to Oregon w/ my fiance' at the time (now dh) from Fremont, California for a better quality of life and to build an affordable home. I lived there for 10 years and met my native CA dh there. California was so $$$!

I had my ds Dylan at 43 YO, he was a planned pregnancy. I am originally from New Jersey, actually south Jersey. My family still lives there and will die there. I don't talk to them or should I say they don't talk to me! However, I am still in touch w/ my brother and his family who live there.

I LOVE TO COOK and exchange recipes, entertain and do anything on my PC. I also love people. I work outside the home one day a week May-Oct. at the local outdoor Saturday market selling baked goods for my friends who own a bakery.

In November of last year my dh became a correctional officer in the maximum security state penn, b/f that he was a welder/fabricator.

Roxie ~ http://pages.ivillage.com/roxiemama/

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 7:46am
Hi Roxie! Welcome to the board. If you love to cook, exchange recipes and have lots of idle chit-chat I think you may have come to the right place. ;-)

Hey - my bf is a welder by trade but doesn't do it anymore. He now has a gov't job he hates (waiting to be made permanent and switched to another position, sigh). I think he kind of lost his liking for welding after he crushed his left hand in a metal press (they almost had to amputate).

Hope you stick around! We have lots of fun here. Everyone is just getting adjusted to the new format now. :)

Karen

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 11:10am
Jill in Kansas City, Mo...not sure I'm getting the hang of this new format!
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 12:35pm
Hi Jill. Glad you made it! If you have any questions about how to navigate your way around or how to use any of the new features please ask away! If we don't know the answer will find it! Now that I'm used to it I kinda like it. :)

Karen

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 7:37pm
I am here Kim with DH, JESSICA, Hayley, and Raegan,, in upstate ny
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 6:46pm
Amy, California, The recipes in one Section! (nt)
amy
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 11:26am
Hi Kim. Glad you made it here. :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 11:27am
There you are Amy! I like having the recipes all together too...although I'm not sure how good we'll be at sticking to it. lol ;-)

Karen