It's postively springish here today...

iVillage Member
It's postively springish here today...
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 10:07am
Just a touch of chill in the air and the sun is out and playing...sigh. Oh course the last two days I took off because I wasn't feeling well and there was crappy weather. Spring does funny things to my body - I am prone to seasonal migraines in March and October. This year it also seems to be giving me dizzy spells...or it's possible that I'm anemic. The doctor didn't seem to concerned yesterday when I went to the clinic. Actually I have a funny story about that.

I was waiting, and waiting, and waiting at the clinic yesterday and finally this young doctor comes out and calls my name (turns out he's actually a med student, whatever...). He introduces himself to me as Dr. C. He looks familar and I recognize the last name. Wheels begin to turn...hmmmmmm. We get to the examination room and I'm sitting down, giving a large part of my medical history when I notice the name on his stethascope...S.C...hmmmmmmmmm. I think it is him...so I ask "Were you a TA for Human Evolution with Prof. B. about 6 years ago?". Dr. C replies "Why, yes I was!". Ok, this is how I remember the guy as a TA. I personally did not have him as a TA - I went to the profs sessions. But I do recall one time going to Prof. B's office to ask him a question. Dr. C was there and HIT ON ME IN FRONT OF THE PROF! Of course he did not remember...and I did not remind him. Oh and did I mention he had been engaged at the time. I did notice that he's still not married - what a shock.

Another funny aspect of this is that I ended up later working for this particular prof and joked with him on occassion about how the first time I ever came to his office I got hit on (by the TA that is, not the prof). He seems to recall him having a lot of groupies. Well this prof is now my neighbour and stopped by yesterday to check on me (he knew I wasn't feeling well). I told him about Dr. C and he proceeded to crack up. He chuckled all the way down the hall to his apt. lol

So anyone else have anything funny happen to them this week? Or any funny doctor stories?

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 1:24pm
He didn't remember hitting on you? Yeah, I bet ;) lol

Karen, do you take Spirulina? It occurs to me to ask because I started taking it a few years ago because I can't keep my HBG above like a 10 or 11 and it has helped me. You're running too right? Hope you start feeling better soon ~ I know the feeling of just feeling fatigued. It's no fun.

Definitely no doc stories; I haven't seen one of those since 1996 ~ but let me think about funny... it's pretty funny here often, but nothing really jumps out at me. Hmmm. Steven did have on his Buzz Lightyear costume all day yesterday and people's reactions to him were pretty cute.

The kids' and I went to a Happy Hour last night to eat for free. We sat in the non-smoking section and drank soda and ate appetizers ~ I thought they'd enjoy it and they did. We had a really good time.

Tonight I'm making a braised roast for the first time ~ I hope it turns out ok. No Happy Hours tonight ;), but we may sneak in a quick $1.00 movie if everyone is up for it.

Glad for your weather ~ it's about the same here as what you are enjoying. I like that little bit of chill, and then when the sun peeks out it warms you right up!

K

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 1:43pm
Hello other Karen. I am not running right now. :( I stop in the winter because it is too cold and icy. Then in Feb - when the ice started to go away - I hurt my foot. I was wearing a pair of high heeled boots that put too much pressure on the ball of my foot and stressed out the tendons in my big toe. I could barely even walk. I remember being very excited one day because I could wiggle my toe again - slightly. lol It's pretty much all better now. I'm hoping to get out on the mountain this weekend...possibly tomorrow since I don't have any plans...yet. lol I was also dabbling a little bit in yoga for awhile. I have a couple of videos that I do. But my foot couldn't handle those poses at all. lol I'm going to try to start doing am yoga when I get up - just having a hard time talking myself out of those extra 20 minutes of sleep...

Steven had on his Buzz Lightyear costume? Cool! I don't think my mother ever let me wear costumes except at Halloween! And happy hour? That sounds like fun. I wish they gave out free munchies here. I wish we had a cheap theatre too - they closed ours and put in some stupid entertainment centre (I honestly don't know a single person who's gone there...lol).

Hey - have you had a chance to try rock climbing yet? I remember you mentioned it a couple of weeks ago.

Karen

ps - and um...I didn't really mention to him that he had hit on me...I kinda got the impression that he hit on a lot of girls when he was a TA. My co-worker had him as a TA also - she had a crush on him. lol

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 4:00pm
My daughter wears her old costumes for play all the time... barbie, sleeping beauty, cinderella are the favorites. :) Or her ballet outfit!

Wish we had cheap movies...

Enjoy Springs here and summer is comming! Yippee

Nicky

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 6:00pm
Nick, Lea wore her Cinderella get-up to the zoo the other day! It is actually a Cinderella 'pre-ball' outfit with a scarf and apron, and she was making me order her around.

They also like to dress themselves in unusual colors and patterns and DD always has different colored socks on on purpose. It is really funny to see what they enjoy picking out or who they feel like being.

K

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 6:24pm
I have done some wall climbing and I have to say that when the children get bigger I'll probably make it a habit. It was really fun and oh man, so challenging ~ I didn't realize how strenuous it'd be. I'm a little shy about my butt sticking out of the harness with my SO cute belayer down below ~ I feel a little like Bridget Jones in the firehouse. I'm scared of heights, too; but you're so focused that all you can do is think about the climb.

I'm with you Karen ~ that precious 20 minutes under the covers is not easy to give up after the winter hibernation. Runner's World has some good articles for getting back into it this month ~ I've been sticking my tongue out at the mag' for a few days now, so maybe tonight I'll read about it ;).

Yoga... That's right ~ weren't you doing the Living Arts programs? I really love yoga. It's weird though that I spent all last year religiously practicing, and now I make a half hearted attempt here and there. I'll move back into it one of these days.

Hope your poor foot feels better ~ Yow.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 7:40am
I've wanted to try wall climbing. There is a place here that is free for women on Monday afternoons but well, I'm in the working world now. But I've always loved the name - "allez-oop". I may get into it someday. Didn't manage to get up to do anything this morning because my brain feels like it's beating against the side of my head in a desperate attempt to escape. lol Sigh.

And rofl @ feeling like Bridget Jones! I needed a giggle.

Foot is doing pretty good - still protests now and then but overall behaving.