Friday Five

iVillage Member
Friday Five
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 9:20am
I know that Daisy is having some problems with her computer at work so I'm going to post a Friday Five...(if you do manage to get here today Daisy, I hope you don't mind...). (some questions are shamelessly stolen from ohter boards...I'm bad and admiting it...)

1. What is your favourite spring food?

2. Favourite Spring flower?

3. I've been told that it's spring break in a lot of places this week - did you ever go on trip in high school or college???

4. "Girls Gone Wild" - Could this phrase be used to apply to you (past or present?)

5. What is the one thing this weekend that you are going to do for *you*?

Pages

Community Leader
In reply to: cl_kballu
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 11:29am

Here's my Friday Five, such as they are. I'm not much help here am I?

1. What is your favourite spring food? I don't know as I have a specific "spring" food.

2. Favourite Spring flower? Probably the dafodil (spelled wrong)

3. I've been told that it's spring break in a lot of places this week - did you ever go on trip in high school or college??? Nope.

4. "Girls Gone Wild" - Could this phrase be used to apply to you (past or present?) JJust call me the "wild Woman". I have a secret life. (he-he-he)

5. What is the one thing this weekend that you are going to do for *you*? Don't know. My DH will be around. He gives me a headache. Maybe I'll take some aspirin, just for me. LOL. I don't know. I may work on my quilt. I think I may just take my dogs and take a walk in the woods with them in all this snow.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 11:58am

salads, salads, more salads and any veggies

Those cheery daffodils that are all over my beds right now

3. I've been told that it's spring break in a lot of places this week - did you ever go on trip in high school or college???

Nope, unless you count skipping school to go to the lake for the day ;)

4. "Girls Gone Wild" - Could this phrase be used to apply to you (past or present?)

In the past, my friends and I were the poster girls for this one. (Sometimes I am amazed I actually lived through those years) Much older and wiser now

Order a big pizza with everything (I mean everything!) on it!

TGIF! ~Cheryl~

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 12:25pm
Hmmm you've got me invisioning all kinds of "secret lives" for you now...lol. All of them very interesting.

Sigh - I keep forgetting that you are still getting snow! I think you are the only person I know who has a longer winter than I do. Have fun playing with your pooches.

What kind of quilts do you make?

Karen

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 12:29pm
You wild woman you! lol It's funny - I was talking to a friend on mine from high school on ICQ the other night. She just got back from a 6 month stint in the Philippines (she was doing an aquaculture project). She still lives "back home" and was getting me caught up on all the gossip. Then we started remembering all the crazy stuff we did back in the day - lol! We were an interesting crew...

Mmmmmmm salads. My favourite meal during the dog days of summer.

Everything eh?? Does that mean anchovies??? ucky!

Karen

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 12:48pm

Asparagus! I can't wait until the local crop is in.

Daffodils. They are just peeking above the ground here, but I bought myself

a big bunch to enjoy.

That was so long ago! Way back in the 1950s we didn't do class trips.

Are you kidding? I've always been very tame.

Not much time for me this weekend. Have to go to a baby shower and fit in all

my chores and so on.

Have a great weekend yourself!

Elaine

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 12:56pm
1. What is your favourite spring food? salads, and anything grilled.

2. Favourite Spring flower? i LOVE tulips. or those buttercups

we went to st padre island. AWESOME!!! also did alot of getting into trouble around the city. (Houston) i would do anything to be 16 again!

hahaha how do u like this phrase *i'll never tell* ;)

5. What is the one thing this weekend that you are going to do for *you*? hmm...lately i've been taking some candlelit bubble baths after DS goes to bed. i think i'll have one tonight.

hope everyone has a great weekend.

Im off to look at kitties soon! :)

Michele

jnathansmommyss.png picture by hecallsmeprincess2

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 1:55pm
I love it when people by themselves flowers. In fact, I got into an argument with a male friend of mine a few months back about that - he doesn't think that women should buy themselves flowers because then guys have nothing to impress us with...I told him to become more creative. lol Sigh - he's a lazy boy. Hmmm I saw some pretty purple roses the other day...

Everytime someone mentions daffodils I get a silly little song running through my head - it's from a charity drive..."that's what daffofils do...do dee do do do dee dee do..."

Ohh baby shower. That could be fun! Haven't been to one of those in years. Have a good weekend Elaine and enjoy your daffodils.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 2:01pm
Kitties! Are you getting a kitty??? Ohhhh fun!!!!!!!!!!! I'd love to get another kitty but Piper would never forgive me. I'm just lucky she lives my bf (she's hated every other one I had and they all turned out to be jerks...I'm taking the fact that she likes C as a good sign...lol).

One of my friends LOVES tulips. Ottawa has a BIG tulip festival in May - you would love it. Tulips everywhere.

Hmmm you'll never tell eh...just remember that when ds is 16....

Love candlelight baths. Haven't had one of those in awhile. I have to have bubbles though. Maybe I'll run to the dollarstore tomorrow - I buy big bottles of it there and use tons of it. Lots and lots and lots of bubbles for me. :)

Karen

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 3:25pm
DITTO Asparagas!

Tulips and dafodils both... but leaning more towards tulips. AND I saw my first ladybug today! It's springime... but still a bit chilly and rainy :)

Not a spring trip... well once I did with some college friends to Jeep Safari in Utah that was fun. Our senior trip was to Sunny California and that was a blast!!!

"Girls Gone Wild" Never! :) Okay yes past and sometimes present! I don't think you need more info!

For me? Hmmm well nothing really. However my DD and I are going to do something "just the two of us" don't know what. We did last weekend and went shopping and to the movies. If the weather would hurry up and get warm we'd take a picnic in the park. I want to go to the Seattle Aquarium sometime soon. BUT for just "me" maybe I'll do something next weekend.

Hugs,

Nicky

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 3:43pm
Spring is springing here ~ but so, so cold tomorrow and Sunday :(

Asparagus and sweet peas.

Crocus and Tulips.

I went on a few trips with girlfriends during those ages.

Oh wow, you know I'm wild ;); but ~ and this is only an opinion ~ I don't think showing your boobs in public is true wildness. It's just wild 'fill-in.'

Gosh it is the weekend isn't it. Hmm, I don't even know. I like Cheryl's idea of a big messy pizza with everything, but I think I'll go to the track first ;) And a bath sounds really good ~ Michele has it going on too.

Pages