What can I make?

iVillage Member
What can I make?
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 5:28pm
That's quick and easy, and a little different, with hotdogs?

Red
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 1:25pm
Hot Dog Surprise

10 Hot dogs

10 American cheese slices or cheese of choice, sliced into hot dog-length fingers

10 slices Bacon

Cut a deep slit in each wiener, and stuff with fingers of cheese. Then wrap on the diagonal (like a candy stripe) with the bacon. Seal individually in foil. Cook in a 400 degree oven about 45 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bacon is somewhat crisp.

(I've never tried this but I thought it sounded fun)

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 1:16pm
Hi there and welcome to the board! Here's an idea for you....

Potato Pups

8 Hot dogs

2 c mashed potatoes

1/2 tsp. dry mustard

Split hot dogs the long way not quite all the way through. Fill split opening with mashed potatoes mixed with dry mustard. Sprinkle the top with paprika. Bake in 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until heated through and slightly browned on top. Can also be topped with some grated cheese (cheddar or parmesan). These make a great lunch or dinner for kids.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 12:48pm
Do you ever make them with potatoes and cheese? Here is a recipe I found and it's close to what I've made (without the bacon, but bacon sounds good ;)):

9 hotdogs

6 medium sized potatoes

1/4 pound American or Velveeta cheese

1 cup milk

prepared mustard to taste

salt

12 strips bacon

Cook hotdogs in boiling water for 10 minutes; cut in half lengthwise. Place cut side up, on cookie sheet in groups of three. Boil potatoes in salted water until done; mash. Melt cheese in hot milk; add to mashed potatoes. Add mustard and salt. Pile potatoes on top of hotdogs. Partially fry bacon; put two strips on top of each serving. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Finish browning bacon under broiler. 6 servings.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 9:04am
Hi Red. Welcome to the board. I started a new thread for you in the recipe collections. I posted about 4 recipes for you. They should be pretty easy - it sounds like you have your hands full with all those kidlets!

I hope you stay around and post some more. :)

Karen