Anyne else feelig frustration...?

iVillage Member
Anyne else feelig frustration...?
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 6:27am
with the new format? I just haven't gotten the homey

feel we had on the old Board. I know I should give it

more time, but I am slow to adapt to change. I won't give

up ...I'm just hoping the homey feel comes back soon.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 1:52pm
Oh wow, how terrific. I'll be playing with that often ~ Thanks for the tip! K
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 11:39am
Sure. Right underneath the board title you will see "find messages about".. key in something like "chocolate cake" and see what happens.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 10:58am
Hi rayeellen, can you show what you mean? I think I know, but I'm not sure.

thanks, k

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 9:35am
They still exist, but getting to them isn't easy. You can do a search for one you might be looking for and see what it brings up.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 4:00pm
I know what you mean... there WERE a lot of GREAT recipes in there. I hope they get it back too. But, if for some reason they don't, you can search for recipies for 1 year back. I did a search the other day with REC in the subject line and came up with over 400 recipes just from Q&E Message Boards. We will also do another website if for some reason the other one isn't able to be brought back.

Good to have you here, hope you stick around so we can get to know you better!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 8:47am
if and when we find a way to get to the old archives,please post directions ,on how to get to them.....there were so many good recipes,and i hope they are not gone........thank you
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 8:55am
I like the new format as well, it creates the ability to do things we could not before, and it can really compartmentalize information, which on a board like this would seem to be ideal. On the boards I regularly play on, people are having lots of fun wiht it.

I encourage anyone having diffficulty to dive in, make use of it, play around, think of ways that you would like to see the board organized, and let the cl's know.

Have fun!

Just my dumb thoughts.

raye ellen

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 8:06am
I really like the new format, but I think I'm one of few. It seems most people are feeling frustrated. And I can see what you mean because it's not all compiled together like it was and often I forget to check the other discussions. But then again, I also like how the discussions are divided up. I like to chat about non-food stuff and joke around and it feels like I can more freely go offtopic. It's a mishmash. But the boards load faster and that is the best thing for me.

I agree with Karen and Daisy to keep two windows open and also what Karen mentioned about people not posting a lot right now.

Change is definitely not easy. K

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 8:49pm
I have to admit that I'm having difficulties too... BUT.... I am NOT giving up either! I do feel like I'm doing a little bit better now that my computer troubles are over. I urge everyone to add the boards you frequent to your FAVORITE file and that makes it easier to find the boards you visit often. Also, I agree with Karen, the OUTLINE view does look a lot like the old format. If you leave 2 windows open (one with OUTLINE view) the message you click will automatically load up in the other window.

It's taking me a while to get used to this too... don't feel like you're the only one... just PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP!!!! We don't want to lose anyone!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 4:50pm
I totaly agree with you. I keep hearing "You Lost That Loving Feeling" in my head when ever I come to the message boards. I miss the old way - it was way more friendly. This just seems so cold to me.

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

Pages